Please see this PowerPoint for fundraising tips.
FIRST Washington grant is now open. This grant is available to rookie and veteran teams who compete in FIRST Washington FRC programs and competitions. This is a competitive grant. Apply today: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/8e944e032ad74f98864853f98fa03a44.
FIRST Robotics Competition teams, to help you prepare for your upcoming season, please reference this budget to help you prepare. Every team’s budget is different, based upon your team’s goals for the year, so this is only a guide. FRC Team Sample Budget as of 2019
FIRST Washington has a number of competitive grant opportunities for teams and we encourage your team to apply! All of these grants are made possible by generous donors, with emphasis going toward assisting disadvantaged teams in need. With FIRST Washington’s commitment to bringing FIRST programs to more communities and schools, it is our goal to help teams to be self-sustaining within three years. If you need help in building out your team sustainability plan and fundraising training, please let us know. We want to see you be successful in not only programming and building a robot, but building strong business and team collaboration skills!
1. FIRST Washington grant: Open Now. Deadlines are:FIRST LEGO League September 19, FIRST Tech Challenge September 19, and FIRST Robotics Competition October 3, 2019. To apply: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/8e944e032ad74f98864853f98fa03a44.
2. OSPI, iGrants: Open Now. Deadlines September 19 for FIRST LEGO League and FIRST Tech Challenge Teams and October 10 for FIRST Robotics Competition. This generous grant is a building grant for Washington teams only who must compete in FIRSTWashington competitions during the 2019-2020 school year. Teams must be public school-based or sponsored by the school. To complete the grant, please work with your school finance office or CTE to complete this grant and they must log in under the school, not the district for these are building level grants. FIRST LEGO League: form 605,FIRST Tech Challenge: form 606, FIRST Robotics Competition: form 424.
3. The Boeing Grant: Application due: August 31, 2019. Teams who have a Boeing employee are eligible to have their employee to apply for a grant through Boeing. This grant is managed by Boeing and it is a very generous grant to help offset FIRST registration fees for teams. Active Boeing employees are encouraged to join the Boeing FIRST Enterprise inSite group (FIRST @ Boeing – Enterprise). Any and all relevant updates will be communicated through the Boeing FIRST Enterprise inSite in the future.
4. SPEEA: Open Now. Deadline: August 15th. If your team has a SPEEA mentor, encourage them to complete the grant application. If you need assistance, FIRST Washington has developed a grant template.
5. Microsoft: Teams who have a Microsoft employee involved as a coach/mentor not only will benefit tremendously in building their programming, computer science and engineering skills and soft skills, Microsoft will generously match their hours of volunteering with your team at $25/hour. Many FIRST Washington teams leverage this generous partnership and we encourage you to go find a Microsoft employee and invite them to your team!