BOOMTOWN BUILD Coach Email Volume 2- 7/10/19 Registration and Expo Update
Greetings Coaches! Welcome to BOOMTOWN BUILD!
If you are new to this email this is the place where you will find all of the Washington specific FIRST LEGO League Jr information. Coaches and team administrators in the FIRST system for the BOOMTOWN BUILD season will be added weekly. Starting this season, every email from me will be numbered. That number lets you know which update it is, if you miss an update you can find it on our website.
I have 4 items for you today-
- Team Registration Now Open!
- FIRST Rise
- Expo Locations and registration
- Facebook Group for Coaches
Registration is Now Open!
Registration for new and returning teams is open now!
Returning coaches can log into your account at: www.firstinpires.org. There you will have the opportunity to register your teams for another year. Please look at the notifications in the upper right corner and take care of the consent and release and required profile updates.
New coaches can start a team at this link: https://www.firstinspires.org/robotics/flljr/start-a-team
FIRST RISE powered by STAR WARS: Force for Change! Check it out!!
What if you could build a better world? Where would you begin?
More than ever, we must come together to innovate and solve problems. In FIRST, you are part of a thriving community brimming with inspiration, creativity, and hope for a stronger, more sustainable future—one that’s built better together. You have the power to help the cities, towns, and places you call home reach new heights. With the support of the FIRST community, this is your opportunity to lead our future forward—and up.
Check out the video announcement here– https://youtu.be/bPY9Mfj7eRU
The BOOMTOWN BUILD challenge will be released on August 1st!
Expo Locations and Registration
We are working hard to finalize our Expo dates and locations and hope to have that information to you soon. To register for an Expo you will receive a link to sign up in an email like this one once registration is open. Once you register, you’ll receive an invoice to pay the event registration fee of $50. When both registration and the fee are completed, you will be confirmed in your event. Event registration will open in the fall, and the date will be announced as soon as all dates and locations are confirmed.
Facebook Private Group for Washington Coaches
We have created a private Facebook group to support Washington FIRST LEGO League Junior coaches. This is a supportive environment for coaches to network with others. To request access to this group, follow this link and click the Join button:
Please note: you will be asked a couple questions when you join, these are to help keep this group only open to coaches. It will speed up the joining process if you answer these when you apply.
- August 1: BOOMTOWN BUILD!
- National Team Registration, Youth Protection, Student Registration, Challenge Information: firstname.lastname@example.org or www.firstinspires.org
- Registration & Participation, Local Information, Facebook:
Jacque Grimm, email@example.com
- Fundraising, Grants, Advocacy:
Erin McCallum, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Booster Accounts (setup or using funds), Invoices and Payments:
FIRST Washington Accounting, email@example.com
- Past Coach Communications: http://firstwa.org/Team-Resources/FIRST-LEGO-League-Jr-Team-Resources-Copy
- BOOMTOWN BUILD Challenge: https://www.firstinspires.org/resource-library/flljr/challenge-and-resources
- FLL JR Coaches Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FIRST.Washington.FLLJr.Coaches/
- Starting a team info: https://www.firstinspires.org/robotics/flljr/start-a-team
- Youth Registration Overview: https://www.firstinspires.org/resource-library/youth-team-member-consent-and-release-form