BOOMTOWN BUILD Coach Email Volume 3- 8/8/19 Challenge Released and Other Info
Greetings Coaches! Welcome to BOOMTOWN BUILD!
If you are new to this email this is the place where you will find all of the Washington specific FIRST LEGO League Jr information. Coaches and team administrators in the FIRST system for the BOOMTOWN BUILD season will be added weekly. Starting this season, every email from me will be numbered. That number lets you know which update it is, if you miss an update you can find it on our website.
I have 5 items for you today-
- Boeing Grant
- Name the Crane
- BOOMTOWN BUILD Challenge!
- Expo Locations and registration
- Facebook Group for Coaches
Do You Have a Boeing Mentor or Coach?
If the answer is yes, they can apply for the Boeing grant this season for the first time! The deadline to apply is August 31st! Teams who have a Boeing employee are eligible to have their employee apply for this grant through Boeing. This grant is managed by Boeing and it is a very generous grant to help offset FIRST registration fees for teams. Active Boeing employees are encouraged to join the Boeing FIRST Enterprise inSite group (FIRST @ Boeing – Enterprise). Any and all relevant updates will be communicated through the Boeing FIRST Enterprise inSite in the future.
Name the Crane!
FIRST need teams’ help with naming the BOOMTOWN BUILDSM Crane! Check out details about the Name the Crane contest here and encourage teams to submit their ideas by September 9th.
BOOMTOWN BUILD Challenge is out as of August 1st!
You can check out the kickoff video here- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbc-KnyueZE
The BOOMTOWN BUILD Inspire Model video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7ZqUkntyNc&t=10s
The challenge and resources- https://www.firstinspires.org/resource-library/flljr/challenge-and-resources
Expo Locations and Registration
We are working hard to finalize our Expo dates and locations and hope to have that information to you soon. To register for an Expo you will receive a link to sign up in an email like this one once registration is open. Once you register, you’ll receive an invoice to pay the event registration fee of $50. When both registration and the fee are completed, you will be confirmed in your event. Event registration will open in the fall, and the date will be announced as soon as all dates and locations are confirmed.
Facebook Private Group for Washington Coaches
We have created a private Facebook group to support Washington FIRST LEGO League Junior coaches. This is a supportive environment for coaches to network with others. To request access to this group, follow this link and click the Join button:
Please note: you will be asked a couple questions when you join, these are to help keep this group only open to coaches. It will speed up the joining process if you answer these when you apply.
- August 1: BOOMTOWN BUILD!
- National Team Registration, Youth Protection, Student Registration, Challenge Information: firstname.lastname@example.org or www.firstinspires.org
- Registration & Participation, Local Information, Facebook:
Jacque Grimm, email@example.com
- Fundraising, Grants, Advocacy:
Erin McCallum, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Booster Accounts (setup or using funds), Invoices and Payments:
FIRST Washington Accounting, email@example.com
- Past Coach Communications: http://firstwa.org/Team-Resources/FIRST-LEGO-League-Jr-Team-Resources-Copy
- BOOMTOWN BUILD Challenge: https://www.firstinspires.org/resource-library/flljr/challenge-and-resources
- FLL JR Coaches Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FIRST.Washington.FLLJr.Coaches/
- Starting a team info: https://www.firstinspires.org/robotics/flljr/start-a-team
- Youth Registration Overview: https://www.firstinspires.org/resource-library/youth-team-member-consent-and-release-form