Reports To: Director of Finance
Position: 1/2 -Full Time, Non-Exempt
FIRST Washington (firstwa.org) is a dynamic 501 (c)(3) growing organization, that provides STEM programs across Washington state and throughout the K-12 education system. FIRST Washington seeks an accountant and data analyst to assist in managing donations, accounting, internal reporting and data analysis around programs that FIRST Washington provides to all students.
FIRST Washington is responsible for delivering the full suite of programs developed by FIRST Inspires (firstinspires.org). We are a volunteer driven organization supported by a small team of professional staff. Working side by side with teachers and industry professionals, we inspire young people from diverse backgrounds to participate in team-based STEM programs which, in turn, will motivate them to become leaders and innovators in STEM focused careers. FIRST Washington supports over 1100 teams with nearly 12,000 youth ages 6-18 engaged in FIRST programs. FIRST is in approximately 25% of schools, and 33% of high schools in the state of Washington.
Manage the day to day accounting, vendor and customer relationships. Manage bi-weekly payroll process. Support month-end closing and management reporting. Manage major donor account activity to support fundraising and donor forecast process. Assist with data analysis around FIRST programs including integrating data from parent organization and other state and federal data repositories. Build data models to understand our market, manage our performance and aid in our fundraising efforts.
- Work directly with Director of Finance
- Perform day to day accounting including AR, AP, payroll
- Perform month-end close including bank/cc reconciliations, analysis, reporting
- Manage bi-weekly payroll
- Manage donations obtained by check, online and via 3rd party workplace giving platforms
- Manage major donor accounts in Salesforce.com
- Data analysis projects that support FIRST Washington’s mission, including analysis of data from public education systems, volunteer and team databases
- Support regular (weekly) data acquisition and uploads to Salesforce from external FIRST database
- Support FIRST Booster Account administrators with account inquiries
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Experience and knowledge of accounting
- Strong understanding and knowledge of GAAP and non-profit accounting and finance rules
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to create standard and ad-hoc reports, tools and Excel dashboards
- Working knowledge of one or more accounting applications. (i.e., Quickbooks, Aplos, NetSuite)
- Advanced Excel skills, including Pivot Tables & advanced formulas
- Working knowledge of one or more CRM applications. (i.e., Salesforce, MS Dynamics, Sage)
- Working knowledge of one or more Business Intelligence applications. (i.e., Tableau, Zoho Analytics)
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills to prioritize job functions and work effectively to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and to multitask in a high-volume environment
Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of experience, or equivalent. Compensation is commensurate upon experience. FIRST Washington is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse team who are committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from women and minorities.
Please email resume and cover letter to: