CARGO CONNECT Coach Email Volume 1 9/2/21 FIRST Washington Registration
If you are new to this email this is the place where you will find all of the Washington specific FIRST LEGO League information. Coaches and team administrators in the FIRST system for the CARGO CONNECT season will be added weekly. Every email from me will be numbered and that number lets you know which update it is, if you miss an update you can find it on our website.
I have 3 items for you today:
- FIRST Washington Registration
- First Coaches meeting of the season!
- Clarification on Volunteer Vaccination Status for Coaches & Mentors
FIRST Washington Registration
We have shifted gears a bit and changed our FIRST Washington Grant form to a FIRST Washington Registration form. We will still offer grants and there is a spot on the form where you can choose to be considered for a grant. It is important to capture certain demographic for all of our teams so we can continue to raise funds to support our teams as well as our programs which means we need everyone to fill out the registration form.
This form will not close but we will be placing teams into events the beginning of October (or when the schedule is finalized), so those who register later in the season will be placed in an event with availability (which may not be the closest event to you). You will still receive an event registration form in October as well. https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/842468fa632644f78c32a0e7430acb75
We will have our first coaches meeting of the season on 9/21 at 7pm. I am hoping to have our Head Referee on to answer questions. This is also a time for you to ask questions of your fellow coaches.
Topic: FLL Coaches Chat
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 867 7071 8969
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,86770718969#,,,,*062346# US (Tacoma)
+16699006833,,86770718969#,,,,*062346# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
Meeting ID: 867 7071 8969
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kduAefnd3k
Clarification on Volunteer Vaccination Status for Coaches & Mentors
For those of you who missed the communication sent earlier in the week, you can read it here
We received a question that made us realize the message to coaches could be interpreted multiple ways. We will be requiring coaches and mentors be vaccinated to attend events. We are not saying they have to be vaccinated to participate with the team. That decision is up to your organization and might be dictated by your school district, 4-H etc… depending on your affiliation.
- National Team Registration, Youth Protection, Student Registration, Challenge Information: firstname.lastname@example.org firstinspires.org
- Tournament Registration & Participation, Local Information, Facebook: Jacque Grimm, email@example.com
- Robot Game Questions: WA Regional Head Referee, Kevin Torrico, firstname.lastname@example.org
- FIRSTGame Questions: email@example.com
- Booster Accounts: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Invoices and Payments: FIRSTWashington Accounting, email@example.com
- CARGO CONNECT Challenge: https://www.firstinspires.org/robotics/fll/game-and-season
- Facebook Group for Coaches: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FIRST.Washington.FLL
- Youth Registration Overview: https://www.firstinspires.org/resource-library/youth-registration-system
Hope to see you all soon!