CARGO CONNECT Coach Email Volume 16: 12/14/21 Lots of info, please read!
If you are new to this email this is the place where you will find all of the Washington specific FIRST LEGO League information. Coaches and team administrators in the FIRST system for the CARGO CONNECT season will be added weekly. Every email from me will be numbered and that number lets you know which update it is, if you miss an update you can find it on our website.
I have 7 items for you today:
- Congratulations to participating teams!
- Event reminder from the Judge Advisor
- Remote event info
- State Championships info
- Global Innovation Award info
- Shipping addresses for awards
- Next Coaches Chat
Congratulations to all the teams that participated in the events the last two weekends! It was so nice to see teams participating in person again!
The list of teams that won awards and and advanced is posted on our website here- https://firstwa.org/first-lego-league-challenge/challenges/awards/
Event reminder from the Judge Advisor
There were several instances the last two weekends that were brought to our attention in the judging sessions.
With remote judging, we understand that coaches and/or parents are in the room with the students. Please remember the judging session is for your teams to share what they have done with the judges. Coaches are not to allowed to coach the team on responses, ask the team questions, interact with the judges, ask the judges questions, etc. If you are in the room with your team while they are in their judging session the expectation is that you sit quietly and don’t interact with your team unless absolutely necessary. Coaches interfering in the judging process can negatively impact your team. If you have any questions, please reach out to me directly.
Remote Event info
Remote event information will be emailed out to teams by Friday.
State Championships info
For the teams that have advanced to the state championship, info will be out in the next week or so.
Global Innovation Award info
Global innovation award information will be emailed to the teams advancing by the end of the week.
Shipping addresses for awards
If you won an award at either of the Tacoma events, or either of the Snohomish events, please fill out this form so I can ship your trophies or plaques. https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/34c0609473364381b8acb5118d64b6f6
Next Coaches Chat
Our next coaches chat will be on January 11th. Link will be emailed out after Christmas.
- National Team Registration, Youth Protection, Student Registration, Challenge Information: firstname.lastname@example.org firstinspires.org
- Tournament Registration & Participation, Local Information, Facebook: Jacque Grimm, email@example.com
- Robot Game Questions: WA Regional Head Referee, Kevin Torrico, firstname.lastname@example.org
- FIRSTGame Questions: email@example.com
- Booster Accounts: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Invoices and Payments: FIRSTWashington Accounting, email@example.com
- CARGO CONNECT Challenge: https://www.firstinspires.org/robotics/fll/game-and-season
- Facebook Group for Coaches: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FIRST.Washington.FLL
- Youth Registration Overview: https://www.firstinspires.org/resource-library/youth-registration-system