CARGO CONNECT Coach Email Volume 3: 9/20/21 OSPI Grants are open! Coaches Chat Tomorrow Night!
If you are new to this email this is the place where you will find all of the Washington specific FIRST LEGO League information. Coaches and team administrators in the FIRST system for the CARGO CONNECT season will be added weekly. Every email from me will be numbered and that number lets you know which update it is, if you miss an update you can find it on our website.
I have 4 items for you today:
- First Coaches meeting of the season! Tomorrow at 7:30 pm!
- OSPI Grants are open!
- FIRST Washington Registration
- Official Scoring Calculator
Coaches Meeting Tomorrow night!
We will have our first coaches meeting of the season on 9/21 at 7:30pm. Head Referee Kevin will be joining us!. This is also a time for you to ask questions of your fellow coaches.
Topic: FLL Coaches Chat
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 867 7071 8969
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,86770718969#,,,,*062346# US (Tacoma)
+16699006833,,86770718969#,,,,*062346# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
Meeting ID: 867 7071 8969
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kduAefnd3k
OSPI Grants are open
For teams affiliated with Washington State Public School, the iGrants have opened. Different schools have different processes so if you have not received the notification, reach out to the Admin at your district who works with you on the iGrant. The grant deadline is November 8.
FIRST Washington Registration
We have shifted gears a bit and changed our FIRST Washington Grant form to a FIRST Washington Registration form. We will still offer grants and there is a spot on the form where you can choose to be considered for a grant. It is important to capture certain demographic for all of our teams so we can continue to raise funds to support our teams as well as our programs which means we need everyone to fill out the registration form.
This form will not close but we will be placing teams into events the beginning of October (or when the schedule is finalized), so those who register later in the season will be placed in an event with availability (which may not be the closest event to you). You will still receive an event registration form in October as well. https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/842468fa632644f78c32a0e7430acb75
Official Scoring Calculator
FIRST has come out with an official scoring calculator for FLL teams to use this season!
This year marks the first time FIRST and LEGO Education have created a scoring tool for the robot game. Many community members also develop such tools for practice, but we’re launching this tool which mirrors the scorer found within the Event Hub and that will be used at official matches. Teams can use the link https://remotehub.firstinspires.org/scoresheet without needing to log into the Event Hub. Scores are not stored but can be cleared for each practice match.
- National Team Registration, Youth Protection, Student Registration, Challenge Information: firstname.lastname@example.org firstinspires.org
- Tournament Registration & Participation, Local Information, Facebook: Jacque Grimm, email@example.com
- Robot Game Questions: WA Regional Head Referee, Kevin Torrico, firstname.lastname@example.org
- FIRSTGame Questions: email@example.com
- Booster Accounts: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Invoices and Payments: FIRSTWashington Accounting, email@example.com
- CARGO CONNECT Challenge: https://www.firstinspires.org/robotics/fll/game-and-season
- Facebook Group for Coaches: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FIRST.Washington.FLL
- Youth Registration Overview: https://www.firstinspires.org/resource-library/youth-registration-system
Hope to see you all soon!