CARGO CONNECT Coach Email Volume 7: 10/29/21 Important! Please Read! Event Registration!
If you are new to this email this is the place where you will find all of the Washington specific FIRST LEGO League information. Coaches and team administrators in the FIRST system for the CARGO CONNECT season will be added weekly. Every email from me will be numbered and that number lets you know which update it is, if you miss an update you can find it on our website.
I have 5 items for you today:
- Event Placement Information
- Event and FIRST Washington Registration
- Event Schedule
- Revised Event plans
Event Placement Information
Teams will only be confirmed in an event when all these things have been completed-
- Registered your team with firstinspires.org
- Completed the FIRST Washington registration
- Completed the event registration
- Paid your FIRST Washington invoice
Only teams that have filled out the FIRST Washington registration as of Tuesday 10/26 will be invoiced. If you filled out the registration after this date, you will still receive an invoice, but it will not be in the first batch that is sent out.
Teams that have not filled out their FIRST Washington registration received an email from me today!
Event and FIRST Washington registration
Eastern Washington teams, I have an event for you! I realize it will be quite a drive for some, so the remote event in January is still an option for you. Our friends in Royal City have graciously stepped up to host this event! Thank you Royal City!
Event registration link- https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/f4ed93011c8c44fc8d3e65ca9f7be6e7
FIRST Washington registration link- https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/842468fa632644f78c32a0e7430acb75
All teams that have completed their FIRST Washington registration by 10/26 will receive an invoice by the end of next week. I will send out another email when I have confirmation that they have been sent. They go to the person listed as the team admin or the main coach if there is no team admin listed. If you checked the FIRST Washington grant box on your registration form if you received a grant it will show on your invoice.
All events are subject to change due to the ever changing Covid climate. I will get teams any info on changes as soon as I have it.
Eastside Bellevue Sat 12/4
Eastside Bellevue Sun 12/5
North Sound Snohomish Sat 12/4
North Sound Snohomish 12/5
Southwest Camas 12/11
Northwest Arlington 12/11
North Sound Everett 12/11
North Sound Everett 12/12
South Sound Tacoma 12/11
South Sound Tacoma 12/12
Eastern Royal City 12/11
January Remote Event, 1/16-1/22
May Unofficial Event, Date TBD
State Championship 1/29
Event plans Updated
All judging will done remotely over Zoom the morning of your event. This is a change from what I have said previously. With the number of teams we have registered, we do not need morning and afternoon sessions at every event. Awards will be in person if the venue allows it. In person awards will not have a high five line. Teams will still be announced, you can stand up in your seats to be recognized. Teams that win awards may send one team member down to collect your award.
Depending on the venue, some will have teams signing up for a 1 hour time slot to run their matches with 3 other teams, some an afternoon session where up to 16 teams would come and participate. Some venues may allow additional spectators, some may only allow the coaches and participants. We are still working with each venue to find out what they are able to do. I will communicate this as we get closer to events.
As announced before, all adult volunteers, including coaches and mentors, will have to be vaccinated to attend in person. If you are unable to be vaccinated, we have a remote option available for your team. All attendees will need to wear masks, no exceptions. We are working on updates to this policy, when I have the updated one, I will get it out asap.
Our highest priority this season is for teams to be able to attend in person as safely as possible.
- National Team Registration, Youth Protection, Student Registration, Challenge Information: email@example.com firstinspires.org
- Tournament Registration & Participation, Local Information, Facebook: Jacque Grimm, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robot Game Questions: WA Regional Head Referee, Kevin Torrico, email@example.com
- FIRSTGame Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Booster Accounts: email@example.com
- Invoices and Payments: FIRSTWashington Accounting, firstname.lastname@example.org
- CARGO CONNECT Challenge: https://www.firstinspires.org/robotics/fll/game-and-season
- Facebook Group for Coaches: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FIRST.Washington.FLL
- Youth Registration Overview: https://www.firstinspires.org/resource-library/youth-registration-system
Hope to see you all soon!