CARGO CONNECT Coach Email Volume 9: 11/9/21 Important! Please Read! Volunteers needed and Invoice Update
If you are new to this email this is the place where you will find all of the Washington specific FIRST LEGO League information. Coaches and team administrators in the FIRST system for the CARGO CONNECT season will be added weekly. Every email from me will be numbered and that number lets you know which update it is, if you miss an update you can find it on our website.
I have 7 items for you today:
- Volunteers needed!
- Next Coaches Chat 11/16
- Updated COVID Policy
- Event Placement Information
- Event and FIRST Washington Registration
- Invoices Updated
- Event Schedule
We have 12 FLL Challenge events on the schedule. We are in need of volunteer judges for all of them! please consider volunteering your time at an event your team is not participating in as a judge. It is a one day commitment over Zoom, and you get to see the behind the scenes for judging and see all the cool projects other teams have done!
To sign up, log into your dashboard at firstinspires.org and click volunteer, then search for an event!
Coaches chat 11/16
Our next coaches chat will be on 11/16 at 7pm.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 867 7071 8969
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,86770718969#,,,,*062346# US (Tacoma)
+16699006833,,86770718969#,,,,*062346# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
Meeting ID: 867 7071 8969
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kduAefnd3k
Updated COVID Policy- same as last week
Our updated COVID Policy is posted on our website. https://firstwa.org/covid-updates/
You should all read the official policy but here are some important things to know:
- All event volunteers (which includes mentors/coaches) are required to be vaccinated.
- Participants need to show either proof of vaccination or negative COVID test at the door (Negative PCR test within 5 days or a negative rapid test)
- Spectators (if allowed, that is up to the venue) 12 and over need to show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test at the door (Negative PCR test within 5 days or negative rapid test)
- Masks are required for All participants
Teams will be required to turn in their roster at every event (this is our contact tracing method for students and mentors/coaches and a FIRST rule)
Spectators will need to give contact tracing info at the door.
What we need from all of you
- Pack your patience and Gracious Professionalism. This is new to all of us.
- Volunteers will be checking Vaccination/Negative COVID Status so please treat them respectfully. If you have a concern, contact me but don’t yell at them, they have a tough job.
- Volunteers will be policing masks so again, treat them kindly and with respect (and ask your participants & spectators to do the same)
I know this is all inconvenient but focus on the positive, most of our students are able to attend in person events and connect with students from teams around them!
Event Placement Information
Teams will only be confirmed in an event when all these things have been completed-
- Registered your team with firstinspires.org
- Completed the FIRST Washington registration
- Completed the event registration
- Paid your FIRST Washington invoice
Only teams that have filled out the FIRST Washington registration as of Tuesday 10/26 will be invoiced. If you filled out the registration after this date, you will still receive an invoice, but it will not be in the first batch that is sent out.
Event and FIRST Washington registration
To verify what your team has completed, check here- https://firstwa.org/first-lego-league-challenge/
Event registration link- https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/f4ed93011c8c44fc8d3e65ca9f7be6e7
FIRST Washington registration link- https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/842468fa632644f78c32a0e7430acb75
As of today, only 129 teams of the 253 that filled out the FIRST Washington registration have filled out an event registration! I cannot place teams or make event plans until I know how many teams want to attend events!
If you wait to fill this form out, I may not have space for you!
If I have less than 8 teams at an event I will cancel that event and you will have to move to a different one. As of right now I have 5 events will less than 8 teams.
All teams that have completed their FIRST Washington registration will receive an invoice hopefully by the end of this week. I will send out another email when I have confirmation that they have been sent. Please don’t email me telling me you have not received one if I have not emailed you to say they went out. We have had some issues and delays this year getting them out, so your patience is appreciated. They go to the person listed as the team admin or the main coach if there is no team admin listed. If you checked the FIRST Washington grant box on your registration form if you received a grant it will show on your invoice.
All events are subject to change due to the ever changing Covid climate. I will get teams any info on changes as soon as I have it.
Eastside Bellevue Sat 12/4
Eastside Bellevue Sun 12/5
North Sound Snohomish Sat 12/4
North Sound Snohomish 12/5
Southwest Camas 12/11
Northwest Arlington 12/11
North Sound Everett 12/11
North Sound Everett 12/12
South Sound Tacoma 12/11
South Sound Tacoma 12/12
Eastern Royal City 12/11
January Remote Event, 1/16-1/22
May Unofficial Event, Date TBD
State Championship 1/29
- National Team Registration, Youth Protection, Student Registration, Challenge Information: email@example.com firstinspires.org
- Tournament Registration & Participation, Local Information, Facebook: Jacque Grimm, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robot Game Questions: WA Regional Head Referee, Kevin Torrico, email@example.com
- FIRSTGame Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Booster Accounts: email@example.com
- Invoices and Payments: FIRSTWashington Accounting, firstname.lastname@example.org
- CARGO CONNECT Challenge: https://www.firstinspires.org/robotics/fll/game-and-season
- Facebook Group for Coaches: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FIRST.Washington.FLL
- Youth Registration Overview: https://www.firstinspires.org/resource-library/youth-registration-system
*In the next week or 2 I will be dropping teams that have not registered for this season from my email communications.
Hope to see you all soon!