Charged Up Coach Email Volume 17: 12-14-22 – Invoice payment deadline and kickoff in January
If you are new to this email this is the place where you will find all of the Pacific NW District specific FIRST Robotics Competition information. Coaches in the FIRST system for the current season will be added once teams are able to register for events. Every email from me will be numbered and that number lets you know which update it is, if you miss an update you can find it on our website.
Here is what I have for you today:
- Invoices must be secured to pick up your kickoff kit in January
- Make sure your teams is ready for kickoff
Invoices must be secured to pick up your kickoff kit in January
All teams should have received your invoices by now. The due date to secure your invoice was last Friday, December 9. FIRST Washington has secured your registration with FIRST and we need all teams to secure your registration with us.
I know many schools are going on winter break after this Friday. Please make sure to have your registration secured prior to winter break. Rob’n and I spent a lot of time reaching out to unpaid teams the first week of January in 2022 and we won’t have time to do that again this season.
You will not be allowed to pick up your kit (or have your surrogate pick up your kit) if your team hasn’t secured their registration.
If you did not receive your invoice:
- Check your spam folder for an email from our accounting software Aplos
- send me an email if you don’t find the invoice in your spam folder
Make sure you are ready for kickoff January 7
I can’t believe kickoff is less than a month away!! It comes fast after winter break so start working now to make sure you are prepared.
- This is an event, so you will need to turn in your roster when you check in
- Get your students and mentors listed on your roster
- If you can’t get someone in the system electronically, you can hand write the name on your printed roster and include a paper consent form. You can find a copy of that form here: https://firstwa.org/first-robotics-competition/resources/
- Your Lead 1 or Lead 2 MUST pick up your kickoff kit unless:
- You have filled out an online surrogate form. You can find that form here: https://www.firstinspires.org/resource-library/frc/surrogate-kit-pick-up-information
- Kickoff information will be sent to you from your kickoff host directly. If you have not received any kickoff info after the first of the year, let me know and I will connect you to your host
Take care. I hope you all get to enjoy some time with your families during the holiday season