City Shaper Coach Email Volume 12- 10/01/19 Kickoff Workshops This Week! Event and Team Registration Updates!
Greetings Coaches! Welcome to CITY SHAPER!
If you are new to this email this is the place where you will find all of the Washington specific FIRST LEGO League information. Coaches and team administrators in the FIRST system for the CITY SHAPER season will be added weekly. Starting this season, every email from me will be numbered. That number lets you know which update it is, if you miss an update you can find it on our website.
I have 5 items for you today-
1. Online Kickoff Workshops!
2. Registration Closing Soon! Register Now!
3. FIRST Washington Event Registration
4. FIRST Washington Qualifier Schedule
5. Facebook Group for Coaches
Online Kickoff Workshops!
This season we are moving our kickoff event to an online format. All coaches are welcome to attend! The sessions will be twice a week at 7pm. Click on the link to register!
Tuesday, October 1st at 7pm- Robot Game- register here
Thursday, October 3rd at 7pm- Judging- register here
Tuesday, October 8th at 7pm- Fundraising- register here
For those unable to attend, or looking to watch them again, last weeks are posted on our website here- http://firstwa.org/Team-Resources/FIRST-LEGO-League-Team-Resources/Workshops-Webinars
FIRST Washington Event Registration
Event registration will be opening sometime this month, we do not have an exact date yet due to a delay confirming a few events. You will not register through your dashboard at firstinspires.org, you will register through a link I send you in an email like this. When you are confirmed in an event it will not show up in your dashboard either, the only place to check will be on firstwa.org.
When you fill out your event registration, you will pick two preferences, please do not pick the same event for each one, if you do this and I am unable to place you in your first choice, I will place you in a random event with space. You will also indicate if the day or the location is more important to your team.
Registration is first come first serve and some events will fill up fast. Teams are placed once their event registration is completed and their event registration fee of $350 is paid. I do not have a date of when those invoices will go out. I will give teams notice by email before I send out the registration, and I will also be posting about it on the Facebook page.
I will let teams know the date when the Qualifier schedule will be posted online as well. All of this is done manually, so please be patient.
FIRST Washington Qualifier Schedule
I know everyone is patiently waiting for the event schedule to be posted. We have a few events we are waiting on confirmation, and I will be posting the schedule on Monday 10/7 on firstwa.org. This is just the schedule with the dates, not event registration.
Team Registration is Closing Soon so Register Now!
I anticipate registration closing on October 10th, so register now before our region is full.
Returning coaches can log into your account at: www.firstinspires.org. There you will have the opportunity to register your teams for another year. Please look at the notifications in the upper right corner and take care of the consent and release and required profile updates.
New coaches can start a team at this link: https://www.firstinspires.org/robotics/fll/start-a-team
*A note on registration. They did add the option to opt out of the challenge set for those registering multiple teams that don’t need multiple sets, but there is no way to buy the challenge set at a later time. If you opt out you WILL NOT be able to go back and order one separately.
Facebook Group for Coaches
One of the best ways to get questions answered is to connect with other FIRST LEGO League coaches.
Join our private Facebook group for Washington FIRST LEGO League coaches only. New and Veteran coaches and our Regional Head Referee are members of the group. Use this link to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FIRST.Washington.FLL/
Please note: you will be asked a couple questions when you join, these are to help keep this group only open to coaches. It will speed up the joining process if you answer these when you apply.
- October 1: Online Robot Game Workshop
- October 3: Online Judging Workshop
- October 8: Online Fundraising Workshop
- October 10: Tentative Team Registration Closing Date
- December 7&8: Qualifier Tournaments
- December 14&15: Qualifier Tournaments
- National Team Registration, Youth Protection, Student Registration, Challenge Information:
firstname.lastname@example.org or www.firstinspires.org
- Tournament Registration & Participation, Local Information, Facebook:
Jacque Grimm, email@example.com
- Robot Game Questions:
WA Regional Head Referee, Kevin Torrico, firstname.lastname@example.org
FIRST Game Questions: email@example.com
- Fundraising, Grants, Advocacy:
FIRST Washington President, Erin McCallum, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Booster Accounts (setup or using funds), Invoices and Payments:
FIRST Washington Accounting, email@example.com
- Past Coach Communications: https://firstwa.org/Team-Resources/FIRST-LEGO-League-Team-Resources/Communications-Questions-2019-20-Season
- City Shaper Challenge: https://www.firstinspires.org/resource-library/fll/challenge-and-resources
- FIRST Steps: http://info.firstinspires.org/fll-first-steps-request
- Youth Registration Overview: https://www.firstinspires.org/resource-library/youth-team-member-consent-and-release-form