City Shaper Coach Email Volume 15- 10/14/19 Last Day for Team Registration!
Greetings Coaches! Welcome to CITY SHAPER!
If you are new to this email this is the place where you will find all of the Washington specific FIRST LEGO League information. Coaches and team administrators in the FIRST system for the CITY SHAPER season will be added weekly. Starting this season, every email from me will be numbered. That number lets you know which update it is, if you miss an update you can find it on our website.
I have 3 items for you today-
1. Last Day for Team Registration Today!
2. FIRST Washington Event Registration
3. FIRST Washington Qualifier Schedule
Last Day for Team Registration Today!
Today is the last day to register your team at firstinspires.org. If you are waiting on grants, please email me with your team number asap.
Returning coaches can log into your account at: www.firstinspires.org. There you will have the opportunity to register your teams for another year. Please look at the notifications in the upper right corner and take care of the consent and release and required profile updates.
New coaches can start a team at this link: https://www.firstinspires.org/robotics/fll/start-a-team
*A note on registration. They did add the option to opt out of the challenge set for those registering multiple teams that don’t need multiple sets, but there is no way to buy the challenge set at a later time. If you opt out you WILL NOT be able to go back and order one separately.
FIRST Washington Event Registration
Event registration will be opening Friday, October 18th at 4pm. You will not register through your dashboard at firstinspires.org, you will register through a link I send you in an email like this. When you are confirmed in an event it will not show up in your dashboard either, the only place to check will be on firstwa.org.
When you fill out your event registration, you will pick two preferences, please do not pick the same event for each one, if you do this and I am unable to place you in your first choice, I will place you in a random event with space. You will also indicate if the day or the location is more important to your team.
Registration is first come first serve and some events will fill up fast. Teams are placed once their event registration is completed and their event registration fee of $350 is paid. I do not have a date of when those invoices will go out. I will give teams notice by email before I send out the registration, and I will also be posting about it on the Facebook page.
I will let teams know the date when the Qualifier schedule will be posted online as well. All of this is done manually, so please be patient.
FIRST Washington Qualifier Schedule
The Qualifier schedule is posted here- https://firstwa.org/Programs-and-Events/2019-2020-FLL-Event-Locations
- October 1: Online Robot Game Workshop
- October 3: Online Judging Workshop
- October 8: Online Fundraising Workshop
- October 10: Tentative Team Registration Closing Date
- December 7&8: Qualifier Tournaments
- December 14&15: Qualifier Tournaments
- National Team Registration, Youth Protection, Student Registration, Challenge Information:
email@example.com or www.firstinspires.org
- Tournament Registration & Participation, Local Information, Facebook:
Jacque Grimm, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robot Game Questions:
WA Regional Head Referee, Kevin Torrico, email@example.com
FIRST Game Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fundraising, Grants, Advocacy:
FIRST Washington President, Erin McCallum, email@example.com
- Booster Accounts (setup or using funds), Invoices and Payments:
FIRST Washington Accounting, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Past Coach Communications: https://firstwa.org/Team-Resources/FIRST-LEGO-League-Team-Resources/Communications-Questions-2019-20-Season
- City Shaper Challenge: https://www.firstinspires.org/resource-library/fll/challenge-and-resources
- FIRST Steps: http://info.firstinspires.org/fll-first-steps-request
- Youth Registration Overview: https://www.firstinspires.org/resource-library/youth-team-member-consent-and-release-form