STEM Leaders Start Here
All of our programs are funded by people just like you.
To be competitive in the global market, Washington employers need STEM Talent. FIRST Washington delivers with your help.
Reports show that STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) occupations are growing at double the rate of other professions, and we’re committed to filling the STEM workforce pipeline.
Your generous gift can be the launching pad for tomorrow’s innovators and change a young person’s trajectory.
FIRST Washington is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, the legal name Washington FIRST Robotics (Federal EIN #45-2443839). All donations are tax-deductible as allowed by law.
You can transform lives, create healthier communities, and build a lasting solution to some of society’s most difficult challenges. Just decide which way you would prefer to support this vital work.
Online or By Phone: 253.631. 0211
- By Mail: Send your contribution to FIRST Washington |21238 68th Avenue South | Kent, WA 98032
- Gifts of Stock: Click here to download our simple instructions.
- Join our STEM League: Individuals who invest $1,000 or more and corporations that invest $5,000 or more are invited to join our STEM League where they receive special recognition and opportunities to meet our people. It’s automatic, so use one of the methods described above, or call Erin at 253.631.0211.
- Make your gift go further with an employer match. Please check with your employer’s HR department to see if there is a matching program. Many generous organizations will double or triple the impact of your donation.
Workplace Giving – A convenient way to support FIRST Washington throughout the year.
Many employers offer the opportunity to contribute to nonprofits through payroll deduction. You can support FIRST Washington through your employer’s giving program. To find out how to participate,
A few ways to secure tax savings while also supporting FIRST Washington:
- Stock Gifts: Stock is a great way to give and receive charitable deduction while also avoiding capital gains tax on the stock’s appreciation – a double benefit.
- IRA Gifts: If you’re over the age of 70 ½, you can make donations to qualified charities such as FIRST Washington directly from your Individual Retirement Account (IRA). The amount of your gift counts toward your required minimum distribution and you pay no income tax on the donation.
- Donor-Advised Funds: Contributions from your donor-advised fund (DAF), qualify you for an immediate tax deduction and give you the flexibility to make decisions about charitable donations later. You can name an organization such as FIRST Washington as the long-term beneficiary of your DAF in order to support FIRST Washington with your legacy. Please let us know if you take such a step so we can recognize you in our Legacy Circle.
All gifts benefit youth and adults who are transforming their lives in our programs. Thank you!
Estate Planning: Learn about FIRST Washington’s STEM Legacy Circle, by calling Erin at 253.631.0211
Companies & Foundations: Please call Erin at 253.631.0211 to discuss how we can work together.