Event Timeline- Updated 3/10/21
|Sunday||9am||Judging material upload window opens|
|Sunday||9am||Practice match upload window opens|
|Monday||6-8 pm||Zoom window for judging technology testing|
|Monday||7pm||Practice match upload window closes|
|Tuesday||By 7pm Tuesday||Teams with issues communicated with by Referees|
|Tuesday||9am||Qualification match upload window opens|
|Thursday||7pm||Qualification match window closes|
|Friday||7pm||Judging material upload window closes|
|Saturday||9am – 12pm||Judging Sessions|
Event Timeline Breakdown
Monday – Zoom window to test technology
- For teams to test their cameras and other technology for judging sessions.
Sunday and Monday- Teams upload practice match for Referee review
- Teams upload one practice match by 7pm Monday. Referees will review and communicate with any team they see issues with.
Sunday to Friday – Teams upload judging materials
Teams need to upload by 7pm Friday –
- 5-minute Innovation Project Presentation video
- Team Info Sheet
- Copy of their robot code
- [Optional] Any project or robot reference material
- Judges have only 10 minutes between teams for discussion and will try to peruse but likely won’t have time to read in full
- [Optional] Coach/Mentor Award nomination form
Tuesday to Thursday – Teams upload 3 Qualifying matches
- Teams upload their 3 Qualifying matches by 7pm Thursday. Referees will score these matches and share the scoresheets with the teams. Teams must record all matches in a 6-hour period. Take as many as you want in that 6 hours, but you may only submit 3. Videos must show timestamp.
- You can prerecord your videos, or record them at the same time as your practice match. Do not submit them until after your practice match feedback (if any) is received. Be prepared to rerun Qualification matches based on Referee feedback or you may incur penalties or lose points if errors are not corrected from practice match video.
- You may not submit any videos after the submission window closes, the Remote Event Hub will prevent you from submitting.
Saturday – Team judging sessions on Zoom
- Teams will meet with judges Saturday morning during an assigned time over Zoom. Teams will receive the link and time through the Remote Event Hub
- Teams do not need to be physically together for their judging session. Team members should change their name visible in the Zoom window to show their team number
- Each judge session is 25 minutes, this is 5 minutes less than in a normal season to allow time for judges to watch teams’ Innovation Project Presentation videos immediately before seeing each team
- Please have your robot and attachments with you for your judging session. Teams will not be allowed to run their robot for the judges on their tables during judging session
Saturday- Awards Ceremony
- Saturday at 6pm we will have an awards ceremony over Zoom to announce the winners of the different awards.
- Awards will be shipped to winning teams. Teams will need to email me their mailing address so I can ship their awards.
Global Innovation Award-
From our Qualifier events this season we will be selecting 2 teams from each to be judged separately for Global Innovation Award nomination. Once selected, teams will need to upload an 500 word MAX essay outlining the problem the team identified, their solution, and it’s impact/feasibility (see rubric for reference). GIA judges will also be provided with teams’ project videos and reference materials.
All materials need to be submitted by 4/4. This is a short turn around if you are in the 3rd weekend of events. Please be prepared to submit asap.
- Each week before the event coaches will receive an email with any updates, the schedule for the week as a reminder, and any other information so please watch for it.
- Approximately 25-30% of teams from each event will advance to the State Championship on April 18-24
- The link for your teams to attend their judging session is only for team members. Unfortunately parents and other spectators are not allowed to attend, so please do not share the link.
State Championship Advancement Numbers-
Week 1- 4 teams
Week 2- 5 teams
Week 3 Event 1- 8 teams
Week 3 Event 2- 8 teams
Robot Game Recording Guidelines – V1.1 from Kevin our Head Referee!