Is the STEM Robotics 101 Professional Development eligible for STEM Clock Hours?
Yes. The STEM Robotics 101 professional development program was the first professional development program in Washington certified as “STEM clock hours” for teacher certification purposes. Participants attending the STEM Robotics 101 Introductory two-day workshop will earn 12 STEM clock hours, administrated through ESD 112.
What are the start-up costs of a STEM Robotics 101 classroom? Is help with start-up costs available?What are the start-up costs of a STEM Robotics 101 classroom? Is help with start-up costs available?
The start-up costs for a STEM Robotics 101 classroom is about $225 per seat.
This cost estimate assumes:
1. Two students per robotics kit (ideal ratio)
2. Classroom has access to computers – Mac, PC or iPads/Chromebooks – that are less than 6 years old
3. Classroom licenses for programming and tutorial software
4. Classroom Challenge supplies
5. Teacher has completed the STEM Robotics 101 Introductory Workshop and is eligible for one-time start-up discounts (5% on kits/software from LEGO® Education.
FIRST® Washington is beginning to work on a program to help support Tier 1 and Tier 2 free or reduced-price meals schools with their classroom start-up costs. If start-up costs are a barrier for your participation as a Tier 1 or Tier 2 school, please contact FIRST® Washington, email@example.com.
What if I don’t know what volunteer role to sign up for?
No problem! Use FIRST® Washington’s volunteer matchmaker quiz. There are many volunteer roles – find the one that’s best for you!
What is the cost to participate in the Introductory STEM Robotics 101 PD program?
The registration fee for the two-day STEM Robotics 101 Introductory Workshop is $395. You may be eligible for grant or scholarship funding.
If your robotics team received a FIRST® Washington iGrant from OPSI this year, these funds may be used to pay for the STEM Robotics 101 Introductory Workshop. (Professional development is an allowable expense for these grants.)
Partial scholarships are available for teachers impacting high under-represented student populations. Demographic information is requested during registration to determine a school’s tier for Robotic 101. Tier 1 teachers pay a net $195 registration and Tier 2 teachers $295.
The registration fee includes:
• The two-day hands-on professional development with an experienced instructor (computers, software, and robots supplied)
• OSPI-certified STEM clock hours for certification purposes
• Free OSPI-approved model framework/leadership equivalency and standards alignment
• A free turn-key, customizable curriculum repository
• A one-time 5% discount off the best internet volume pricing on a classroom set of LEGO® MINDSTORMS® EV3 kits and accessories
• Eligibility for STEM Robotics 101 Lesson Bounty Program, with a teacher-stipend for adding new lessons to STEM Robotics 101
• Eligibility for advanced topics professional development, including Advanced LEGO® Programming, Robo-Math, Robo-Science, Data Logging, Technology-demystification lessons, Java Programming on LEGO® MINDSTORMS® EV3 and FIRST® LEGO® League Challenge Primers
FIRST® LEGO® League Challenge welcomes you into our community of teachers, students, coaches, mentors, and volunteers. Our curriculum is adaptable to every kind of teaching environment and is ready for you.
You’re the one who can bring the excitement of robotics into your school and possibly change the direction of your students’ careers and lives. What’s happening in STEM tomorrow is happening now at FIRST® Washington.
- RePLAY Coach Email Volume 1 7/21/20 Are you ready for RePLAY? Virtual Kickoff Event on August 4th!
- RePLAY Coach Email Volume 2 7/29/20 Virtual Kickoff Event on August 4th! Registration Link Inside!
- RePLAY Coach Email Volume 3 8/3/20 Virtual Kickoff Event Tomorrow August 4th!
- RePLAY Coach Email Volume 4 8/20/20 Virtual Kickoff Recordings Posted. Other Info
- RePLAY Coach Email Volume 5 9/3/20 FLL Webinar on 9/10!
- RePLAY Coach Email Volume 6 9/9/20 FLL Webinar tomorrow!
- RePLAY Coach Email Volume 7 9/22/20 FLL Webinar recording posted. iGrant open!
- RePLAY Coach Email Volume 8 10/2/20 Next Webinar Link. iGrant update! FLL Mini Challenge!
- RePLAY Coach Email Volume 9 10/6/20 FLL Mini Challenge 1 Released Today!
- RePLAY Coach Email Volume 10 10/9/20 Topic Survey for Coaches meeting next week!
- RePLAY Coach Email Volume 11 10/12/20 Coaches Chat tomorrow night! What would you like to talk about?
- RePLAY Coach Email Volume 12 10/20/20 FLL Mini Challenge 2 Released Today! Event Schedule Link
- For more information, contact: