Event Timeline- Updated 1/10/22
Event Timeline Breakdown
|Sunday||9am||Judging material upload window opens|
|Sunday||9am||Practice match upload window opens|
|Monday||7pm||Practice match upload window closes|
|Tuesday||9am||Qualification match upload window opens|
|Tuesday||by 7pm||Teams hear from referees to go over scores (if needed)|
|Thursday||7pm||Qualification match window closes|
|Friday||7pm||Judging material upload window closes|
|Saturday||10am-11am||Referees available to go over scoresheets|
|Saturday||9am – 12pm||Judging Sessions|
Team Participating- https://app.smartsheet.com/b/publish?EQBCT=6f7e282971844cf8844aab5d16a89394
Sunday and Monday- Teams upload practice match for Referee review
- Teams upload one practice match by 7pm Monday. Referees will review and communicate with any team they see issues with during the teams meeting on Tuesday evening by email
Sunday to Friday – Teams upload judging materials
Teams need to upload by 7pm Friday –
- [Optional] Team Info Sheet
- [Optional] Copy of their robot code
- [Optional] Any project or robot reference material
- Coach/Mentor Award nomination form (uploaded through this link- https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfADt8XwDPvlIPVrKcMw6_YAFvuQZrQHaxJjrGYQpCVVg1DXg/viewform?usp=sf_link
Tuesday to Thursday – Teams upload 3 Qualifying matches
- Teams upload their 3 Qualifying matches by 7pm Thursday. Referees will score these matches and share the scoresheets with the teams. Teams must record all matches in a 6-hour period. Take as many as you want in that 6 hours, but you may only submit 3. Videos must show timestamp.
- You can prerecord your videos, or record them at the same time as your practice match. Do not submit them until after your practice match feedback (if any) is received. Be prepared to rerun Qualification matches based on Referee feedback or you may incur penalties or lose points if errors are not corrected from practice match video.
- You may not submit any videos after the submission window closes, the Event Hub will prevent you from submitting. Please plan to upload well before the deadline, it can be a slow process!
- Referees will review and communicate with teams interested in going over their scoresheets on Saturday morning from 10-11am. Link will be in the event hub.
Saturday – Team judging sessions on Microsoft Teams
- Teams will meet with judges Saturday morning during an assigned time over Microsoft teams. Teams will receive the link and time through the Event Hub
- Teams do not need to be physically together for their judging session.
- Each judge session is 30 minutes, teams will be doing their Innovation Project presentations live over teams. They will not be prerecorded.
- Please have your robot and attachments with you for your judging session. Teams will not be allowed to run their robot for the judges on their tables during judging session
Saturday- Awards Ceremony
- Saturday at 6pm we will have an awards ceremony over Zoom to announce the winners of the different awards. Link will be available in the event hub
- Awards will be shipped to winning teams. Teams will need to fill out this form https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/34c0609473364381b8acb5118d64b6f6 with their mailing address so I can ship their awards.
Global Innovation Award-
From our Qualifier events this season we will be selecting 1-2 teams from each to be judged separately for Global Innovation Award nomination. Teams will submit-
- [Required] Up to 500 word MAX essay outlining the problem the team identified, their solution, and it’s impact/feasibility (see rubric for reference).
- [Encouraged] 5 min MAX project presentation video
- [Encouraged] 10 photos MAX related to problem/solution
Submission window will close on 1/27.
You will be submitting through a google form that will be emailed out on 1/22 after the awards ceremony.
The 3 Teams moving on will be announced on February 6th during the remote awards ceremony for the in person State Championship
- Teams that advance will participate in a remote State Event date tbd.
- The link for your teams to attend their judging session is only for team members. Unfortunately parents and other spectators are not allowed to attend, so please do not share the link.
- Coaches are not allowed to talk to, coach, or in any way interfere with the teams judging sessions. If you must be in the room, you are not allowed to interact with your team or the judges.
State Championship Advancement Numbers-
Event 1- 5 teams
Event 2- 5 teams
Event 3 – 5 teams
Robot Game Recording Guidelines – V2.0 from Kevin our Head Referee!