Freight Frenzy Coach Email Volume 10: 11/2/21 – Written COVID policy as promised in 10-7 coaches chat
Greetings Coaches & Mentors!
If you are new to this email this is the place where you will find all of the Washington specific FIRST Tech Challenge information. Coaches in the FIRST system for the FREIGHT FRENZY season will be added weekly. Every email from me will be numbered and that number lets you know which update it is, if you miss an update you can find it on our website.
Here are the updates I have for you today.
- Updated COVID policy
- Coaches Chat 11-9
- Invoices for FIRST Washington registration fees will go out the week of 10-25
- OSPI Grant Deadline, November 8
- Schedule for FTC Tuesday’s with Kevin – Cancelled for this week
COVID Policy is posted
We have posted our written policy on the COVID Updates page of firstwa.org. You can find it by clicking here
We talked about these changes during our October Coaches Chat. You should all read the official policy but here are some important things to know:
- All event volunteers (which includes mentors) are required to be vaccinated.
- Participants need to show either proof of vaccination or negative COVID test at the door (Negative PCR test within 5 days or a negative rapid test)
- Spectators (if allowed, that is up to the venue) 12 and over need to show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test at the door (Negative PCR test within 5 days or negative rapid test)
- Masks are required for All participants
Teams will be required to turn in their roster at the first event and every event (this is our contact tracing method for students and mentors and a FIRST rule)
Spectators will need to give contact tracing info at the door.
What we need from all of you
- Pack your patience and Gracious Professionalism. This is new to all of us, your first league event will be the first time we have tried all of this.
- Volunteers will be checking Vaccination/Negative COVID Status so please treat them respectfully. If you have a concern, contact me but don’t yell at them, they have a tough job.
- Volunteers will be policing masks so again, treat them kindly and with respect (and ask your participants & spectators to do the same)
I know this is all inconvenient but focus on the positive, most of our students are able to attend in person events and connect with students from teams around them!
Next FTC Coaches Chat, Tuesday, Nov 9 at 7:00 pm!
Please either have someone attend the meeting our check out the slides/video after. Remember, you are all responsible for knowing both the information in the coaches meetings but in these team blasts as well.
Here is the link to the FTC Coaches Chat: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83846694396?pwd=SGNWeVpiZFVreTd4b1Y5WWJhL1g0Zz09
Invoices are running a bit late and will be out by early next week if not before.
In order to participate in the events your team must be registered both with FIRST HQ (In New Hampshire) and FIRST Washington. Once you have registered with both organizations, your information will appear in the League list on our website (link above) In order to participate in your league event, you will need to secure your registration with either a check or po from your school. Payment instructions will be included with your invoice.
You will not be required to pay your invoice before your first event.
Public schools can apply for a grant through OSPI
If you are a public school, you can apply for an iGrant. The deadline to submit an application is November 8. Contact your school admin to find out how to apply for this grant.
FTC Tuesday’s With Kevin 5:00 – 6:30 pm every Tuesday
This week’s FTC Tuesday with Kevin is cancelled.
Important Dates & Deadlines
Nov 8: OSPI Grant closes (Public schools only)
Nov 9: Coaches Chat
Have a great week everyone!
FTC Program Delivery Partner
Director of Programs