Freight Frenzy Coach Email Volume 15: 12/21/21 – Interleague Information
Greetings Coaches & Mentors!
If you are new to this email this is the place where you will find all of the Washington specific FIRST Tech Challenge information. Coaches in the FIRST system for the FREIGHT FRENZY season will be added weekly. Every email from me will be numbered and that number lets you know which update it is, if you miss an update you can find it on our website.
Here is what I have for you today:
- League results are on firstinspires.org
- Slides and recording from 12-9 Coaches Chat
- Interleague information
- Dean’s List nominations are due December 30th
- FTC State date & Location
League event results
You can find league event results here: https://ftc-events.firstinspires.org/
Filter by Washington and it will make the list MUCH smaller and easier for you to find your specific league.
Slides & recording from 12-9 Coaches Chat
If you missed the coaches chat on 12-9. You can view the slides and recording here.
On this call we went over many things:
- Interleague Assignments
- Competition format for the event
- Format for Judging
- Dean’s List Nomination Deadline (and how to submit)
I strongly recommend you have at least one adult on your team review the slides and recording.
Interleague information is listed on the grid below. For those of you who have participated in FTC in past years, this year will be a bit different. Some things to note:
- Judging will happen prior to the robot competition day
- Most judging sessions will be in the evening during the week prior (see below for specifics)
- Your team needs to attend the virtual pit sessions! In a normal year, the judging would be in the morning and judges would come around to the pits in the afternoon to ask follow up questions based on the judging sessions. This is the opportunity for them to do that so please make sure your team is online for their virtual pit session
- The system will not allow us to assign judging times until all judges are assigned, so make sure to keep the entire judging window open until you find out your assigned judging time
- The robot competition day will be much shorter. Come prepared to get inspected and start matches fairly quickly
You will receive more specifics on your individual interleague competition after the first of the year.
We are in need of volunteers for all of these events!
- If you volunteered in a trained role (ex: scorekeeper, referee etc) please consider volunteering for that role at the Interleague event
Because judging happens before competition play this year, you are encouraged to judge at an event. NOTE: please sign up for an event that your team is not competing at. Judging is a great way to better understand the process and help your team become stronger when it comes to the judging process
Deans List submissions are due by Dec 30!
You can submit your nomination from your dashboard on firstinspires.org (for a walk through of how to do that, please view the recording of the 12-9 coaches chat)
Your students will be interviewed sometime the week of Jan 23rd (Coaches will be contacted with an interview time the first or second week of Jan)
Dean’s List Finalists will be announced at the State Championship competition.
FTC State date & location
FTC State will be held at the Amazon Doppler building on Sunday, Feb 6. More info will be sent to qualifying teams the week after their Interleague Championship event.
Have a wonderful holiday everyone and see you next year!
FTC Program Delivery Partner
Director of Programs