Infinite Recharge Coach Email Volume 8 – 10/16/20 Registration, Grants, Workshops and more…
If you are new to this email this is the place where you will find all of the Washington specific FIRST Robotics Competition information. Coaches in the FIRST system for the INFINITE RECHARGE season will be added once teams are able to register for events. Every email from me will be numbered and that number lets you know which update it is, if you miss an update you can find it on our website.
Here is what I have for you today:
- Registration is open!
- Resources we have for your team
- Grants available to your team (Both WA and OR teams)
- Coaches Chat next Tuesday, Oct 20 at 7:00 pm
- FIRST Faire October 24
Registration is open!
Just a reminder to everyone that registration is open. Please make sure to update your kit and kickoff shipping address when you register because FIRST will be shipping kits directly to all of you this year. Many will come during your winter break so that is something to consider when deciding where to have your kit shipped.
Resources for your team
We have added a new resources section to our website to help our PNW teams stay connected to each other and build skills even though they can’t meet. To get to this page, go to firstwa.org, click on FRC under programs and you are there! (here is the link for your convenience: https://firstwa.org/first-robotics-competition/ Here is what we currently have on this page:
- A library for shared team documents. Currently the only documents in this library are some safety preparedness docs shared by 997. If you have resources to add, email me at email@example.com
- ORTOP has set up a fantastic video library where teams have created skill building videos. You can access there library from this page.
- Links Any Webinars, coaches chats or PNW FRC team meetings (coming soon!)
- Video recordings from above
We have just started populating this page so check back periodically to see what new things we have added!
FIRST Washington grant is open. It is more important than ever this year to register and fill this grant out as soon as possible if you want to participate this season. It is our goal to make sure that everyone who wants to participate can, and don’t want money to be a barrier. If you missed last week’s communication where we discussed fees and why we are charging them, you can find that communication here Additionally, we have asked teams who are in a stronger financial position to consider donating funds to allow other teams to be able to participate this season and keep the PNW strong. We have already had teams step up, thank you!!!! If you are able to make a donation to support a struggling PNW team, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
The grant will close November 6, click here to fill out the FIRST Washington Grant.
iGrant (Washington Teams only) is open. If you are a public school in Washington, it is important you apply for this grant and register this season. There are lots of things you can use those funds for even if you don’t build a robot. Our Legislators will be voting in 2021 on the budget for the next two years and it is important for them to see all of these funds get used!
FIRST Grants – Teams should apply for any grants below they may be eligible for!
- $450 NASA Grant is available to ALL FRC Teams
- New Team Grant – Any Rookie that received this last year should apply again this year, there is a 2nd year offering for this grant.
- Equity and Access Grant
- Wheels on Carpet Voucher: NOTE this can be used this season or next season. IF you have grants that go toward your FIRST portion of your registration (Boeing, DoDStem, New Team) you will want to choose to use your voucher next year.
- Sustainability Grant – After Nov 16, FIRST will offer a sustainability grant for teams who are struggling to pay their fee. To be eligible for this grant you must register and fill out the FIRST Washington grant application.
Coaches Chat Tuesday, Oct 20 7:00 pm
Just a reminder of our coaches chat next Tuesday at 7:00 pm. We have just a few things to share but the majority of the time, you will all be talking amongst yourselves and collaborating together. In an effort to keep this productive and focused, we are asking coaches to suggest topics they would like to discuss. We plan to pick 2 or 3 of these (based on popularity) so please take a minute to fill out this form if there is a specific topic you would like to focus on.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 832 6630 3992
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,83266303992# US (Tacoma)
+13462487799,,83266303992# US (Houston)
Dial by your location
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 832 6630 3992
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kenJRJs7Dw
FIRST Fair Oct 24 10:00 – 11:30 am – Save the date!
ORTOP is continuing their FIRST Faire offerings with some round table discussions on Saturday, October 24 from 10:00 – 11:30 am. ORTOP has hosted FIRST Fair for years, one advantage to having it move to an online format is that it allows more teams to participate and they would love to see teams from all over Washington and Oregon tune in! Additionally, they would love some suggestions as to topics, if you have any thoughts as to topics they may want to cover, email Debbie Kerr at email@example.com by noon on Monday with your suggestions. To find out more about FIRST Fair, click here
Important Dates and Deadlines
10-6: FRC Registration opens!
10-20: Coaches Chat 7:00 pm
10-24: FIRST Fair
11-2: iGrant closes
11-6: FIRST Washington Grant closes
11-6: Equity & Access Grant closes
11-9: New Team Grant closes
11-16: NASA Grant closes
Director of Programs