PLAYMAKERS Coach Email Volume 3- 2/8/21 Event Registration and Explore at Home
Greetings Coaches! Welcome to PLAYMAKERS!
If you are new to this email this is the place where you will find all of the Washington specific FIRST LEGO League Explore information. Coaches and team administrators in the FIRST system for the PLAYMAKERS season will be added weekly. Starting this season, every email from me will be numbered. That number lets you know which update it is, if you miss an update you can find it on our website.
I have 2 items for you today:
- FIRST Washington Events and Registration
- Explore at Home
FIRST Washington Events and Registration
Event schedule has been set for our remote Explore Festivals! Festivals will be held on March 6th, April 3rd, and May 8th. The process for the festivals are still in the final stages of planning, so more details will be announced soon.
Teams will be confirmed in their events when they register with FIRST, have filled out their survey, and have paid their FIRST Washington invoice. Invoices should go out the week of 2/22.
This season, teams will pick two preferences for events, and will be placed into one. I will be hopefully placing teams in their first choice, but depending on number of teams registered this may change. Please do not choose the same event for each choice or I will not be able to place you and you will receive an email from me.
Registration survey- http://bit.ly/2021ExploreRegistration
New FIRST Explore at Home
Explore at home is for teams that are unable to meet and engage with teams in person. More information should be emailed out to registered teams from FIRST directly.
Registered teams now have access through their dashboards to Explore at home.
- For teams or class pack
- Run sessions live via remote tools (zoom), children complete interactive components in Seesaw
- Uses only Explore Set – WeDo 2.0 is optional
- Allows for team interaction and idea sharing remotely
Explore at home guide
- How to get started
- Best Practice for remote explore meetings
- Using & setting up Seesaw
- Material Management per session
- Ordering additional materials
- Scheduling and samples
- Holding a remote celebration – not official Remote Event
- National Team Registration, Youth Protection, Student Registration, Challenge Information: firstname.lastname@example.org firstinspires.org
- Tournament Registration & Participation, Local Information, Facebook: Jacqueline Grimm, email@example.com
- Booster Accounts: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Invoices and Payments: FIRSTWashington Accounting, email@example.com