PLAYMAKERS Coach Email Volume 4- 3/17/21 Event Update
Greetings Coaches! Welcome to PLAYMAKERS!
If you are new to this email this is the place where you will find all of the Washington specific FIRST LEGO League Explore information. Coaches and team administrators in the FIRST system for the PLAYMAKERS season will be added weekly. Starting this season, every email from me will be numbered. That number lets you know which update it is, if you miss an update you can find it on our website.
I have 3 items for you today:
- Event Update
- FIRST Washington Events and Registration
- Explore at Home
This season events will be run remotely over Zoom. Events will be in the morning from about 9am-12pm. Teams will log in and be assigned to their own breakout room. You can have students join from their own houses, they do not need to be in the same house. Additional participants such as parents or grandparents are not able to attend due to privacy reasons. The Zoom link is for team members only.
Reviewers will visit the teams in their breakout rooms to talk to the teams. When the reviewing is over, we will all be returning to the main room to play a short game and then will have the awards ceremony.
Teams will receive an awards certificate and medals for their team members. I will need a mailing address for the team to send these to.
All team members will need to be added to the teams roster online for the teams to be added to the Remote Event Hub.
If you have any other questions, please email me.
FIRST Washington Events and Registration
Event schedule has been set for our remote Explore Festivals! Festivals will be held on April 3rd, and May 8th. The process for the festivals are still in the final stages of planning, so more details will be announced soon.
Teams will be confirmed in their events when they register with FIRST, have filled out their survey, and have paid their FIRST Washington invoice. Invoices were sent out to teams that have registered for an event. Invoices come directly from Aplos so check spam/junk folders.
This season, teams will pick two preferences for events, and will be placed into one. Please do not choose the same event for each choice or I will not be able to place you and you will receive an email from me.
Registration survey- http://bit.ly/2021ExploreRegistration
New FIRST Explore at Home
Explore at home is for teams that are unable to meet and engage with teams in person. More information should be emailed out to registered teams from FIRST directly.
Registered teams now have access through their dashboards to Explore at home.
- For teams or class pack
- Run sessions live via remote tools (zoom), children complete interactive components in Seesaw
- Uses only Explore Set – WeDo 2.0 is optional
- Allows for team interaction and idea sharing remotely
Explore at home guide
- How to get started
- Best Practice for remote explore meetings
- Using & setting up Seesaw
- Material Management per session
- Ordering additional materials
- Scheduling and samples
- Holding a remote celebration – not official Remote Event
- National Team Registration, Youth Protection, Student Registration, Challenge Information: email@example.com firstinspires.org
- Tournament Registration & Participation, Local Information, Facebook: Jacqueline Grimm, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Booster Accounts: email@example.com
- Invoices and Payments: FIRSTWashington Accounting, firstname.lastname@example.org