Rapid React Coach Email Volume 10: 10-5-21 – Event Preferencing opens next week.!
If you are new to this email this is the place where you will find all of the Washington specific FIRST Robotics Competition information. Coaches in the FIRST system for the RAPID REACT season will be added once teams are able to register for events. Every email from me will be numbered and that number lets you know which update it is, if you miss an update you can find it on our website. Updates will be posted by the end of the day Friday the week that they are sent.
Here is what I have for you today:
- FIRST Fair Registration is open!
- Make sure that your main and alternate coaches are through YPP and have signed all of their documents on the firstinspires website so you are ready for event preferencing!
- FRC Preferencing begins at 9:00 am, Thursday, October 14
- Next FRC Coaches Chat: 7:00 pm Thursday, October 21
FIRST Fair October 23rd @ Gladstone HS
- You can attend in-person, or remotely. Due to capacity limitations, we can only accept 4 team members for each in-person event. Each in-person class will only allow 4 members per team to register through the Google form below.
- Here is the class schedule with descriptions. Please take a look and see what you are interested in!
- We need you to register and provide us with some information in advance through this form. In order to give teams time to decide what classes they want to attend in person, the form will not be open until Thursday, October 7 at 9am.
- If you want to join us remotely, we have set up a Zoom call with breakout rooms for each class session. Please register in advance for this meeting.
- If you have some in-person classes and some remote classes, we will set up an overflow room in the cafeteria so you don’t have to leave the building.
- All of this information is also available on our Google site and can be found here.
** Please remember to bring proof of vaccine or negative test for each person who will be entering the event. We ask that one representative from each team collects all relevant information to check their team in upon arrival . Once proof has been verified, we will give that representative wristbands for the entire team.
Make sure that your main and alternate coaches are through YPP and have signed all of their documents on the firstinspires website so you are ready for event preferencing!
In order to preference in the first round of events, you will need to make sure your main and alternate contact have passed YPP and signed all of their consent forms. You can check check your status from your dashboard on firstinspires.org. Don’t wait until the last minute, sign in today and make sure you are ready to register!
Event Preferencing opens at 9:00 am pacific time on Thursday, October 14
Remember, you don’t have to log in as soon as preferencing opens. That is the beauty of this system, you have a week to decide how you want to preference your first pick. Remember a few things though:
- Both coaches need to be through ypp and have all of their consent forms on the firstinspires dashboard signed
- If you would like your home event, select that event only and no other event. For the first round of preferencing, you are guaranteed a spot in your home event.
- Rank your event preferences (if you would like to be put on the waiting list for an event, only list that event)
- Home event teams have priority the first round, if you get placed on the waiting list for an event, don’t panic! We will work to get you moved off or notify you by Monday, October 24th so you will still have time to make your second pick
- To make your life easier, have your preferences entered by Wednesday, October 20
FRC Coaches Chat: 7:00 pm Thursday, October 21
Our next coaches chat will be Thursday, October 21 at 7:00 pm
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 827 5807 2702
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,82758072702#,,,,*545547# US (Tacoma)
+13462487799,,82758072702#,,,,*545547# US (Houston)
Dial by your location
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 827 5807 2702
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kvd72XbwR
Important Dates & Deadlines
Oct 21: FRC Coaches Chat
Oct 14: First Round of Event Preferencing Opens
Nov 8: OSPI Grant closes (WA public school teams)
Have a great week!
Director of Programs