Rapid React Coach Email Volume 13: 10-26-21 – Second round Event Preferencing Closes tomorrow at 9:00 am
If you are new to this email this is the place where you will find all of the Washington specific FIRST Robotics Competition information. Coaches in the FIRST system for the RAPID REACT season will be added once teams are able to register for events. Every email from me will be numbered and that number lets you know which update it is, if you miss an update you can find it on our website.
Here is what I have for you today:
- Second round of Event Preferencing closes at 9:00 am this Wednesday, October 27
- Waitlist teams (after preferencing ends Wed) what you need to know
- Kickoff registration is open
- Onshape Resources
- Grant Deadlines
- Washington & Oregon teams: Fill out the FIRST Washington Registration form by Oct 29 to be considered for a Grant from FIRST Washington & ORTOP
- Washington public school teams: Fill out the iGrant by November 8
- FRC Coaches Chat recording and presentation
- FTC Tuesday’s with Kevin (Yes we know this is FRC)
Second Event Preferencing closes This Wed, Oct 27
At 9:00 am this Wednesday, event preferencing will close for the second round. Here is a guide that will help you understand (or remind you) how event preferencing works.
If you are a team that is able to travel, please consider attending either our SunDome or West Valley event.
Before 9 am Thursday morning (likely on Wednesday) you should receive an email notifying you which event you were placed in/wait listed for. You should also be able to see you event on your dashboard once the placements are finalized.
Teams Wait listed after preferencing, what you should know
Some events have plenty of space and some are VERY tight on space. If you are a team in Western Washington or looking to attend an event in Western Washington, there is a very good chance you will end up on a waitlist. Don’t panic, we are working on a solution but you won’t hear anything from me about your waitlist spot until next week. We recognize that many districts are not allowing overnight travel, hang tight!
Kickoff registration is open
Reminder to everyone that kickoff registration is also open until Monday, Nov 15. You will need to either register for a kickoff or register as a my site. Right now, the kickoff sites are committing to be a kit pickup site and not necessarily a place to view the kickoff. If you do sign up as a my site, you will not receive your kit for 1-2 weeks AFTER kickoff so keep that in mind as you make your choice.
Onshape is pleased to provide resources especially for FIRST robotics teams getting ready for this 2022 FRC and FTC season! As you’re beginning to prepare, take a look at our series of recorded webinars, blog posts, and curriculum to use with your team. Create your free account and get up and running in minutes with these resources from Onshape.
- 10/21 Webinar Recording: How to set your FIRST season up for success with Onshape.
- 10/19 Webinar Recording: Design Manufacturing in Your Classroom
- 9/13 Blog post: How to Onboard Your FIRST Robotics Team Using Onshape
- Coming up on December 2ndat noon PST: Running Your FIRST Team in Onshape
Resources from Onshape
3rd Party Resource
- Washington & Oregon Teams: All teams need to fill out the FIRST Washington Registration form to participate in the PNW FRC District. To be considered for a grant, you need to fill out the registration form by this Friday, October 29th. Click here to fill out the FW Registration form.
- Washington Public School Teams: If you are a public school, you can apply for an iGrant. The deadline to submit an application is November 8. Contact your school admin to find out how to apply for this grant.
FRC Coaches Chat recording & presentation
Thanks to everyone who attended our coaches chat last Thursday. If you missed it, the recording and presentation will be posted here by the end of the week.
FTC Tuesday’s With Kevin 5:00 – 6:30 pm every Tuesday
This year Kevin is plans to organize various topics for his Tuesday afternoon workshops and we plan to post those topics and descriptions at the end of our regular team blast. Here is the information for the this weeks Tuesday’s with Kevin!
On 10/27/21 at 5pm, FTC Tuesdays with Kevin will be talking about FTC judging and the FTC Engineering Portfolio vs the Engineering Notebook. If you want to do well at FTC judging, come hear about how the process works. Find out about how you can generate a good impression with the judges. You will be able to ask questions to a FTC World Judge Advisor. This session will definitely be geared toward FTC so just keep that in mind if you decide to attend.
On 11/2/21 Kevin has a scheduling conflict so there will be no FTC Tuesday with Kevin on that day.
Here is the link to join the meetings. The link will stay the same from week to week. Feel free to forward this info to the students & mentors on your team!
Important Dates & Deadlines
Oct 21: Second Event Preference Window opens 9:00 am
Oct 27: Waitlist teams either moved off the waitlist or contacted
Oct 29: FIRST Washington registration deadline for teams wanting a grant
Nov 8: OSPI Grant closes (WA public school teams)
Have a great week!
Director of Programs