Rapid React Coach Email Volume 14: 11-9-21 – Third Plays & Kickoff Registration
If you are new to this email this is the place where you will find all of the Washington specific FIRST Robotics Competition information. Coaches in the FIRST system for the RAPID REACT season will be added once teams are able to register for events. Every email from me will be numbered and that number lets you know which update it is, if you miss an update you can find it on our website.
Here is what I have for you today:
- Third Play Registration is open! Consider a 3rd play at West Valley!
- Kickoff registration & what you need to know about selecting My Site
- FRC Coaches Chat November 18 at 7:00 pm
- COVID Policy Updates
Third Play Registration is open – Consider a 3rd play at West Valley!
For $1000, your team can do a 3rd play where there is space available. (There is no 3rd play availability in W. WA)
We need at least 4 more teams at West Valley if at all possible. Because of this, we are waiving the 3rd play registration fee for any team that does a 3rd play at West Valley. 3rd plays are great for driver practice and teams often only bring a small number of students/mentors when traveling for a 3rd play to keep costs low. This is an amazing event with lots of great teams, consider joining the fun!
Kickoff Registration & what you should know about registering as a My Site
Kickoff registration is currently open and will close next Monday, 11-15 (when all event registration closes)
- We currently have a small handful of teams that have NOT selected a kickoff site yet, you will want to do this prior to 11-15
- Kickoff venues are committing to Kit Distribution only so you will not necessarily be viewing the kickoff video at the kickoff event this year
- What choosing My Site Actually means
- FIRST will ship your kit to you (and this year is still covering shipping costs)
- Your kit will not ship until after kickoff
- It could take two weeks or longer for you to receive your kickoff kit
- If you are ok with everything listed above and still want to be a my site, great!
- If you no longer want to be a my site, you can go change your kickoff registration choice
FRC Coaches Chat Thursday, November 18 at 7:00 pm
Our next Coaches Chat will be next Thursday, November 18 at 7:00 pm. On this meeting we will be discussing:
- Exciting internship opportunities for students through Multiverse (we will have a guest talking about some great opportunities for our students)
- COVID policy (we will go over at a high level and take questions)
- “Sattelite” kickoff events & what that means
General FIRST WA Zoom Account is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: FRC Coaches Chat
Time: This is a recurring meeting Meet anytime
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 827 5807 2702
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,82758072702#,,,,*545547# US (Tacoma)
+13462487799,,82758072702#,,,,*545547# US (Houston)
Dial by your location
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 827 5807 2702
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kvd72XbwR
COVID Policy is posted
We have posted our written policy on the COVID Updates page of firstwa.org. You can find it by clicking here
We talked about these changes during our October Coaches Chat. You should all read the official policy but here are some important things to know:
- All event volunteers (which includes mentors) are required to be vaccinated.
- Participants need to show either proof of vaccination or negative COVID test at the door (Negative PCR test within 5 days or a negative rapid test)
- Spectators (if allowed, that is up to the venue) 12 and over need to show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test at the door (Negative PCR test within 5 days or negative rapid test)
- Masks are required for All participants
Teams will be required to turn in their roster at the first event and every event (this is our contact tracing method for students and mentors and a FIRST rule)
Spectators will need to give contact tracing info at the door.
What we need from all of you
- Pack your patience and Gracious Professionalism. This is new to all of us, your first league event will be the first time we have tried all of this.
- Volunteers will be checking Vaccination/Negative COVID Status so please treat them respectfully. If you have a concern, contact me but don’t yell at them, they have a tough job.
- Volunteers will be policing masks so again, treat them kindly and with respect (and ask your participants & spectators to do the same)
I know this is all inconvenient but focus on the positive, most of our students are able to attend in person events and connect with students from teams around them!
Important Dates & Deadlines
Nov 11: FIRST Choice opens
Nov 15: Event Registration closes
Jan 8: Kickoff
Have a great week!
Director of Programs