RePLAY Coach Email Volume 11 10/12/20 Coaches Chat tomorrow night! What would you like to talk about?
If you are new to this email this is the place where you will find all of the Washington specific FIRST LEGO League information. Coaches and team administrators in the FIRST system for the RePLAY season will be added weekly. Every email from me will be numbered and that number lets you know which update it is, if you miss an update you can find it on our website.
I have 3 items for you today:
- Next coach meeting tomorrow night!
- Topic survey!
- Next Mini Challenge released 10/20!
FLL Coaches Chat tomorrow!
We will be hosting a recurring webinar monthly on the second Tuesday each month. Our next meeting is tomorrow night, 10/13 at 7pm. We will be using Zoom instead of GoToMeeting this time. Hope you all can attend!
Join Zoom Meeting
Coaches Chat topic survey!
What topics would you like to talk about? Please fill out this short survey to suggest topics for discussion during our coaches chats. We will be trying out the breakout room feature in Zoom as well to help with topic discussions. Here is the link to the survey! https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/b076c2057c6f4a8cbb44f4ee7d6be3df
FLL Mini Challenge 2 Released 10/20!
Stay tuned for next FLL Mini Challenge release on 10/20! What do you think it will be?
We have had several teams participate so far! You can check out the teams and the missions they completed here- https://firstwa.org/first-lego-league-challenge/current-challenge/mini-mission-challenges/
Submit mini challenge videos here- https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/5c321a69520a42bc997fa3dba846e2df
Rules: To accept this challenge, your team must submit a video of your robot completing one of the two challenge missions presented. Your robot must start from the launch area and complete the mission according to the official rules. It does not need to return home unless required by the mission. Also submit a copy of the mission program (screen shots are acceptable). You may optionally submit separate entries for both missions. Each completed mission will earn the team a raffle ticket in a drawing for a prize and a certificate of completion!
Videos must not contain faces, or people so we can post them online if allowed by the team. Here is a sample video- https://youtu.be/32a00DViwK8
Once teams complete a challenge, they will receive a raffle ticket in a drawing for a prize as well as a certificate of completion. Every Monday by 5pm, our website will be updated with who has completed the challenge for the previous week through Friday.
- October 6: Mini Challenge 1
- October 13: FLL Webinar
- October 20: Mini Challenge 2
- November 2: iGrants close
- National Team Registration, Youth Protection, Student Registration, Challenge Information: email@example.com firstinspires.org
- Tournament Registration & Participation, Local Information, Facebook: Jacque Grimm, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robot Game Questions: WA Regional Head Referee, Kevin Torrico, email@example.com
- FIRST Game Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Booster Accounts: email@example.com
- Invoices and Payments: FIRST Washington Accounting, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you all for your patience, flexibility and grace during this time!