RePLAY Coach Email Volume 16 12/9/20 FLL Mini Challenge 5 Released Today!
If you are new to this email this is the place where you will find all of the Washington specific FIRST LEGO League information. Coaches and team administrators in the FIRST system for the RePLAY season will be added weekly. Every email from me will be numbered and that number lets you know which update it is, if you miss an update you can find it on our website.
I have 4 items for you today, please read them all:
- Mini Challenge 5 released today!
- Next Coaches Chat Update
- Event Schedule
- FIRST Washington Grant
FLL Mini Challenge 5 Released Today!
Mini Challenge 5 releases today! Submit videos here- https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/5c321a69520a42bc997fa3dba846e2df
Rules: To accept this challenge, your team must submit a video of your robot completing one of the two challenge missions presented. Your robot must start from the launch area and complete the mission according to the official rules. It does not need to return home unless required by the mission. Also submit a copy of the mission program (screen shots are acceptable). You may optionally submit separate entries for both missions. Each completed mission will earn the team a raffle ticket in a drawing for a prize and a certificate of completion!
Videos must not contain faces, or people so we can post them online if allowed by the team. Here is a sample video- https://youtu.be/32a00DViwK8
Once teams complete a challenge, they will receive a raffle ticket in a drawing for a prize as well as a certificate of completion. Every Monday by 5pm, our website will be updated with who has completed the challenge for the previous week through Friday.
Certificates and raffle tickets will be emailed out!
Next Coaches Chat Update
Our next coaches chat will be in January to give everyone a break for the holidays. To suggest topics, please fill this out- https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/b076c2057c6f4a8cbb44f4ee7d6be3df
The event schedule is available online! You can also find it on the calendar on our website! To see the event schedule- https://firstwa.org/first-lego-league-challenge/challenges/event-schedule/
FIRST Washington Grant
FIRST Washington grant is open. It is more important than ever this year to register and fill this grant out as soon as possible if you want to participate this season. It is our goal to make sure that everyone who wants to participate can, and don’t want money to be a barrier. Additionally, if your team is in a stronger financial position, consider donating funds to allow other teams to be able to participate this season. If you are able to make a donation to support a struggling team, please email me at jacquegfirstwa.org
The grant will close December 31st, click here to fill out the FIRST Washington Grant.
- October 6: Mini Challenge 1
- October 20: Mini Challenge 2
- November 3: Mini Challenge 3
- November 19: Mini Challenge 4
- December 8: Mini Challenge 5
- December 31: FIRSTWA grants close
- National Team Registration, Youth Protection, Student Registration, Challenge Information: email@example.com firstinspires.org
- Tournament Registration & Participation, Local Information, Facebook: Jacque Grimm, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robot Game Questions: WA Regional Head Referee, Kevin Torrico, email@example.com
- FIRST Game Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Booster Accounts: email@example.com
- Invoices and Payments: FIRST Washington Accounting, firstname.lastname@example.org