RePLAY Coach Email Volume 27 3/24/21 FLL Judges Needed!!
If you are new to this email this is the place where you will find all of the Washington specific FIRST LEGO League information. Coaches and team administrators in the FIRST system for the RePLAY season will be added weekly. Every email from me will be numbered and that number lets you know which update it is, if you miss an update you can find it on our website.
I have 5 items for you today:
- FLL Judges Needed!
- Rubrics from week 1
- State Championship
- Event info!
- Facebook Group
FLL Judges needed for Week 3 Events!
We need 48 judges for the week 3 events! If you have a team that is not participating this season, or your team competed in weeks 1 and 2, please consider signing up to judge as a way to give back! As a coach, it helps to see the process from the other side!
Log in to your dashboard at https://www.firstinspires.org/ to sign up!
Judging is only a one day (Saturday) commitment!
Right now we do not have enough judges to make these events happen!
Rubrics from Week 1
I am working with FIRST to try and get the rubrics from the Week 1 event sent to teams. I understand this is frustrating. Please be patient, we are working on it!
The FLL State Championship will take place the week of April 18th – April 24th.
Links and event info are posted on this page- https://firstwa.org/first-lego-league-challenge/challenges/remote-event-information/ .
Week 2 teams have been added to the remote event hub, and judging schedules are will be posted in the hub for your team.
*When I add teams to the Remote Event Hub, you will receive an email to create an account. All coaches and students must have a signed online consent form and coaches need to have passed Youth Protection Screening. I will not be able to add you to the system without both of these. The invitation expires after 72 hours.
Connecting with Coaches
One of the best ways to get questions answered is to connect with other FIRST LEGO League Challenge coaches.
Facebook: Join our private Facebook group for Washington FIRST LEGO League Challenge coaches only. New and Veteran coaches and our Head Referee are members of the group. Use this link to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FIRST.Washington.FLL/
Please note: you will be asked a couple questions when you join, these are to help keep this group only open to coaches. It will speed up the joining process if you answer these when you apply.
- March 14-20- Event Week 1
- March 21-27- Event Week 2
- March 28-April – Event Week 3
- April 18-24 – State Championship
- National Team Registration, Youth Protection, Student Registration, Challenge Information:firstname.lastname@example.org or firstinspires.org
- Tournament Registration & Participation, Local Information, Facebook: Jacque Grimm, email@example.com
- Robot Game Questions: WA Regional Head Referee, Kevin Torrico, firstname.lastname@example.org
- FIRSTGame Questions: email@example.com
- Booster Accounts: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Invoices and Payments: FIRSTWashington Accounting, email@example.com