RePLAY Coach Email Volume 4 8/20/20 Virtual Kickoff Recordings Posted. Other Info
If you are new to this email this is the place where you will find all of the Washington specific FIRST LEGO League information. Coaches and team administrators in the FIRST system for the RePLAY season will be added weekly. Every email from me will be numbered and that number lets you know which update it is, if you miss an update you can find it on our website.
I have 3 items for you today:
- Virtual Kickoff recordings posted
- Season Materials
- Additional Information from FIRST
Virtual Kickoff Hosted by FIRST Washington
For those who were unable to attend our virtual Kickoff, the recordings are posted on our website here- https://firstwa.org/first-lego-league-challenge/resources/
My goal is to have a webinar with a different focus each month, so stay tuned for the date and registration link!
Season Materials Questions
I have received a few questions around the amount of materials FIRST is sending to teams the year. They have lowered the amount of physical Engineering Notebooks they are sending to teams from 10 to 2, but have added the ability to access these materials online through your dashboard. Once you have registered and paid with FIRST, you will have access to a tab labeled Thinkscape, there you will find resources for coaches from FIRST, LEGO Education and other support areas. You can also access the PDF versions of the Engineering notebook, team meeting guide, and an interactive PDF engineering notebook.
Additional Information from FIRST
FIRST has added additional information around the remote event hub that we will be using this season for our remote events, and access to FIRST@Home. There is a very helpful document available on this page around season guidance for COVID interruptions. Both links are provided below.
Teams will be allowed to purchase one additional Challenge set this season from their dashboard when they register, or after they have registered, starting the end of august while supplies last!
- National Team Registration, Youth Protection, Student Registration, Challenge Information: email@example.com firstinspires.org
- Tournament Registration & Participation, Local Information, Facebook: Jacque Grimm, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robot Game Questions: WA Regional Head Referee, Kevin Torrico, email@example.com
- FIRSTGame Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer Questions: Amy Clapham, email@example.com
- Booster Accounts: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Invoices and Payments: FIRSTWashington Accounting, email@example.com
Senior Program Coordinator