How do I register my team for FIRST® Tech Challenge?
You begin the two-level registration process with national FIRST® registration. When you complete the short process (around 20 minutes) and pay your registration fee, you will receive:
- Official FIRST Tech Challenge team number
- Ability to register and compete in official remote or in-person FIRST Tech Challenge events (varies by region)
- Access to the FIRST storefront for discounted control system components and robot kit of parts
- Access to resources for team management and career readiness
- Ability to compete for team awards and FIRST Tech Challenge Dean’s List Award
Fee: $295 per season
Once your team is registered with FIRST® nationally, the coach or team representative must register with FIRST® Washington, your local organization. Washington registration opens in September.
Fee: $925 per season
Registered teams also receive complimentary access to FIRST fundraising tools and resources to help teams create their own opportunities. Needs-based grants and sponsorships for teams may also be available locally, regionally, and nationally by many corporations.
Additional cost considerations may include:
- A reusable robot kit of parts required for game play with purchase options starting at about $1,000. Season team registration fee does not include shipping and handling, robot control system hardware, or robot kits.
- Additional fees for registration to local and/or remote FIRST Tech Challenge events. These fees are set and collected by the local Program Delivery Partner. Season team registration does not guarantee events are available in your area.
For team registration, follow the instructions below:
- Watch our step-by-step create a team video walkthrough
- Registration instructions for Rookie (new) Teams
- Registration instructions for Veteran (returning) Teams
- Payment Terms
Kit of Parts Options
Teams can order their robot supplies in the FIRST Tech Challenge Storefront. This will combine the registration payment and kit of parts fees together, requiring only one bill and automatically deducting any awarded grants from the final total. If you are waiting for a Rookie Grant, please do not proceed through the payment section.
In the Storefront, teams will have several options for purchase, including either a REV or TETRIX Competition set. You can also find more information about the two kits in our REV and TETRIX Bill of Materials.
Kit of Parts Options and Pricing