What are the minimum requirements for a FIRST® Robotics Competition team?
What does every FIRST® Robotics Competition team need?
– Two or more adult Mentors with both technical and non-technical expertise willing and motivated to “coach” the team through the build and competition season (and beyond)
– 10 or more high school-aged students willing to put in time after school (and maybe some weekends) and to do any job the team needs to succeed (lots of important jobs available for all skill levels and interests)
– A suitable meeting place
– A suitable space to design and build an industrial-sized robot (about 150 lbs.), that has access to a variety of machine shop power tools
– A standard kit of parts and a common set of rules issued by FIRST®
– A community sponsor(s) that will help fund your efforts and provide other support
– The desire to learn, explore, strategize, build comradery, share ideas and talents, make new friends, be accepted, and HAVE FUN!