What are the minimum requirements for a FIRST® Tech Challenge team?
What does every FIRST® Tech Challenge team need?
– Two or more adult Mentors who are willing and motivated to coach the team through the build and competition season, and beyond!
– Other adults can volunteer to help with administration, fundraising, community outreach, technical advising, and other tasks.
– A suitable meeting place and space to design and build a robot about the size of a microwave oven.
– A standard kit of robot parts and a common set of game and robot rules issued by FIRST® Tech Challenge.
– A budget and a fundraising plan.
The desire to learn, explore, strategize, build camaraderie, share ideas and talents, make new friends, be accepted, and HAVE FUN!