What are the minimum requirements for a FIRST® Tech Challenge team?
What does every FIRST® Tech Challenge team need?
– Two or more adult Mentors who are willing and motivated to coach the team through the build and competition season, and beyond!
– Other adults can volunteer to help with administration, fundraising, community outreach, technical advising, and other tasks.
– A suitable meeting place and space to design and build a robot about the size of a microwave oven.
– A standard kit of robot parts and a common set of game and robot rules issued by FIRST® Tech Challenge.
– A budget and a fundraising plan.
The desire to learn, explore, strategize, build camaraderie, share ideas and talents, make new friends, be accepted, and HAVE FUN!
To compete in an official FIRST Tech Challenge Competition at any level, a Team must be registered and in good standing with FIRST.
- The Team must complete the registration process through the Team Registration System.
- The Team registration fee must be paid.
- Two adults must pass the Youth Protection screening process.