What are the minimum requirements for FIRST® LEGO® League Challenge teams?
Each FIRST® LEGO® League Challenge team needs:
- Two or more adult coaches willing and motivated to guide the team through the discovery and competition season (and beyond) – no special technical experience is required
- Up to 10 students ages 9 to 14 willing to put in time and do any job the team needs to succeed (There are lots of important jobs available for all skill levels and interests.)
- A suitable meeting place, either public or private, that can accommodate a 4 x 8-foot playing field table, and has internet access
- A standard Challenge Set and a common set of rules issued by FIRST® and LEGO®
- A paid team registration, official team number, and a LEGO® MINDSTORMS® robot set
- The desire to learn, explore, strategize, build comradery, share ideas and talents, make new friends, be accepted, and HAVE FUN!