What is the cost of a FIRST® Tech Challenge team?
Here are some basic cost parameters:
- The FIRST® Tech Challenge registration for North American teams is $275 each season. International team registration varies by location.
- The average season costs per, including team registration, a robot kit of parts, event registration, travel, and additional costs for rookie teams is approximately $2,250.
- The robot kit of parts is reusable each season, so veteran teams can expect to pay less.
- FIRST® offers many fundraising tools and teams are encouraged to create their own opportunities. Grants may also be available, as well as sponsorships provided locally, regionally and nationally by many corporations.
- All costs for individual team members are assumed by the team as a group.