What is the FIRST® LEGO® League Explore Challenge?
Every year, FIRST® LEGO® League Explore works with experts in the field to create a Challenge that relates to an important real-world issue. The end result of the design process is a Challenge with two defined parts – the Show Me Poster and the Model.
Show Me Poster
The Show Me Poster requires teams to illustrate their research and team journey. It provides an opportunity for them to share what they studied, what they learned, and to show information about the team and each team member.
- Create a Show Me Poster using a flat poster board or tri-fold presentation board.
- Use words, drawings, photos, and small objects to tell about what they have learned during their Challenge research.
- Show where they hunted for answers and describe the people they spoke with on their journey.
- Describe their Model.
- Talk about the team itself.
The Model gets teams moving! Teams build a representation of what they are researching, based on the Challenge.
- Design a Model made of LEGO® parts. Teams are provided with the Inspire Set, which was created just for FIRST® LEGO® League Explore teams. It contains 700+ LEGO® elements, including those needed to build the exclusive Inspire Model.
- Teams must use LEGO® Education WeDo 2.0, WeDO or SPIKE Essentials to build and program
- Use your imagination as you design and build. Be creative!