SUPERPOWERED Coach Email Volume 15: 12/8/22 First weekend of events over! Second weekend coming up!
If you are new to this email this is the place where you will find all of the Washington specific FIRST LEGO League information. Coaches and team administrators in the FIRST system for the SUPERPOWERED season will be added weekly. Every email from me will be numbered and that number lets you know which update it is, if you miss an update you can find it on our website.
I have 5 items for you today:
- Awards posted
- Inclement weather policy
- Semifinals Added
- Don’t Forget!
- Volunteer needed!!
Please read the entire email
Awards for the first weekend are posted on our website!
Congratulations to all the teams that competed in the first weekend!
You can check out who won what and who’s moving on here- https://firstwa.org/first-lego-league-challenge/teams/awards/
Inclement Weather Policy
The safety of teams and volunteers is extremely important to FIRST Washington. Because we live in such a geographically diverse area and weather can vary greatly, we trust our event hosts to decide whether it is safe to hold an event as well as do what is best in compliance with their respective school district’s policy. For the same reasons, coaches need to look at the conditions in their area, consider the safety of their participants as well as their school district policy (if affiliated with a school) when deciding if they should attend their scheduled event.
We do not guarantee that a make-up event will be scheduled if an event is cancelled (though we can certainly look into rescheduling if it is feasible) and if a team chooses not to attend a scheduled event, no additional event will be offered.
Here is what we have done to make communication as easy as possible.
· We have put an inclement weather banner at the top of the front page of firstwa.org where you can check the status of your event
· IF there is a change to your event, we intend to post it no later than 6:15 am the morning of your event. (Understand, conditions can always change so we will do our best to give as much notice as possible)
If your event is happening, but your team chooses not to attend, please notify us right away so we can pass the info on to our hosts.
For FLL email Jacque Grimm at email@example.com Include your team number in the subject line of the email
If you are a volunteer email Mara Kealey at firstname.lastname@example.org Include your event in the subject line of your email
Due to the number of teams on the West side of the state, I have had to add a semifinal layer to our events this season!
Western Washington teams that advance from the Qualifier will attend the Semifinals in Everett on either Saturday January 21st or Sunday January 22nd.
Teams that advance from the semifinals will attend the Western Washington State Championship in Seattle on January 29th.
For those attending events this weekend, don’t forget to print your teams roster from your dashboard at firstinspires.org! You need to bring this to every event your team attends!
All our upcoming FLL events are short on volunteers to serve as Judges! These are 1-day events in December and January that last from 8:00am – 5:00pm.
We need all coaches able to either sign up for an event their team is not attending, or to recruit one volunteer. We have events all over Washington! This is a requirement for teams! If you know who your volunteer is, or if you are the volunteer- please fill this out so we can match it up with the volunteer system- https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/28562c29078f4514871455e5c78433c6
If you need instructions for signing up, follow these easy steps!
We have volunteers of all experience levels so if you feel you need further guidance, don’t hesitate to reach out. You can reach Mara at email@example.com
- National Team Registration, Youth Protection, Student Registration, Challenge Information: firstname.lastname@example.org or www.firstinspires.org
- Tournament Registration & Participation, Local Information, Facebook: Jacque Grimm, email@example.com
- Robot Game Questions: WA Regional Head Referee, Kevin Torrico, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer Coach Advisor, Heather Bioren: email@example.com
- FIRST Game Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Booster Accounts: email@example.com
- Invoices and Payments: FIRST Washington Accounting, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook Group for Coaches: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FIRST.Washington.FLL Please fill out the questions when you ask to join
- Youth Registration Overview: https://www.firstinspires.org/resource-library/youth-registration-system
Congratulations to all teams from last weekend, good luck to teams this weekend! Have fun!