SUPERPOWERED Coach Email Volume 2: 8/10/22 Season Videos and Grants!
If you are new to this email this is the place where you will find all of the Washington specific FIRST LEGO League information. Coaches and team administrators in the FIRST system for the SUPERPOWERED season will be added weekly. Every email from me will be numbered and that number lets you know which update it is, if you miss an update you can find it on our website.
I have 4 items for you today:
- SUPER POWERED season launch!
- Boeing Grant Now Open
- OSPI grant opens soon
- FIRST Washington registration open
I hope everyone had a chance to watch the season launch videos last week! Are you excited for the changes? What do you think of the robot game?
Boeing Grant is Open –
Any team with a Boeing Mentor-
The Boeing grant opened earlier this month. In order to receive a Boeing sponsorship, a team must have a Boeing employee or retiree who commits to volunteering for the team at least 25 hours over the course of the season. Your Boeing Mentor will be able to go in and submit the grant for your team. The information we have is that the grant should remain open until September 30th which is much later than in prior years.
OSPI Grant should open August 1 – Is not open yet
Washington public school teams only
The OSPI grant should open August 1st and will close on October 3rd. If you are a Washington public school, be sure to coordinate with the Administrator in your school who is responsible for filling out (or approving) the grant. We learned from OSPI that there were some schools who did not fully fill out the grant in the past few years and therefore were unable to be considered for funding. Be sure to answer all questions completely. Remember FIRST Washington grants show up on your invoice so you will not know what those grants are before the deadline but every team that registers with FIRST Washington by the grant deadline who is interested in a grant will receive funding from FIRST Washington Donors.
FIRST Washington Registration Open
Our registration form (formerly the FIRST Washington Grant form) will open on Monday August 1st. Any team planning to compete with FIRST Washington needs to fill out our registration form. If you are interested in receiving a grant, you will need to complete the form prior to September 30. Here is the link to the registration form. https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/03a60a42b743445cbc5cef6c5a74a114
- National Team Registration, Youth Protection, Student Registration, Challenge Information: firstname.lastname@example.org or www.firstinspires.org
- Tournament Registration & Participation, Local Information, Facebook: Jacque Grimm, email@example.com
- Robot Game Questions: WA Regional Head Referee, Kevin Torrico, firstname.lastname@example.org
- FIRST Game Questions: email@example.com
- Booster Accounts: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Invoices and Payments: FIRST Washington Accounting, email@example.com
- Facebook Group for Coaches: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FIRST.Washington.FLL
- Youth Registration Overview: https://www.firstinspires.org/resource-library/youth-registration-system