SUPERPOWERED Coach Email Volume 4: 9/13/22 Grants, Dates and More!
If you are new to this email this is the place where you will find all of the Washington specific FIRST LEGO League information. Coaches and team administrators in the FIRST system for the SUPERPOWERED season will be added weekly. Every email from me will be numbered and that number lets you know which update it is, if you miss an update you can find it on our website.
I have 6 items for you today:
- Team registration
- OSPI grant open
- FIRST Washington registration open
- Event Dates and registration
- First FLL Coaches Chat
- Event registration and invoices
Team registration will close September 30th. So far, our numbers of registered teams are very low. If you are planning to register a team, please do so soon. Event registration will be opening soon, and if we have a large influx of teams registering at the deadline I may not have enough event space.
OSPI Grant Open!
Washington public school teams only
The OSPI grant is open and will close on October 3rd. If you are a Washington public school, be sure to coordinate with the Administrator in your school who is responsible for filling out (or approving) the grant. We learned from OSPI that there were some schools who did not fully fill out the grant in the past few years and therefore were unable to be considered for funding. Be sure to answer all questions completely. Remember FIRST Washington grants show up on your invoice so you will not know what those grants are before the deadline but every team that registers with FIRST Washington by the grant deadline who is interested in a grant will receive funding from FIRST Washington Donors.
FIRST Washington Registration Open
Our registration form (formerly the FIRST Washington Grant form) is open. Any team planning to compete with FIRST Washington needs to fill out our registration form. If you are interested in receiving a grant, you will need to complete the form prior to September 30. Here is the link to the registration form. https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/03a60a42b743445cbc5cef6c5a74a114
Event Dates and Registration
FLL Qualifier events will take place the first two weekends in December. I am still working on finalizing the event schedule by the end of this week or next week. I will send an email with the link to register. Please don’t email me to ask if I sent it out.
First Coaches Chat!
Our first coaches chat of the season will be on September 20th at 7pm!
I am going to try and have Kevin Torrico and Aaron Schmitz, our lead JA and HR attend the meeting as well. Fingers crossed!
Topic: FLL Coaches Chat (3rd Tuesday)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 867 7071 8969
Event Registration and Invoices
When event registration opens, you will receive a link to a survey. Please fill it out. You will pick preferences on days and events. Please do not choose the same days and locations for each.
Once you have filled out the event registration and the FIRST Washington registration, you will receive an invoice the week of October 17th from FIRST Washington for the $350 FIRST Washington fee. This is in addition to the team registration fee you paid to register your team with FIRST inspires.
When your team has secured (pay with check or credit card, send a PO), your team will be confirmed in your event choice on a first come first served basis, so pay early. Teams have until 10/31 to secure. Teams not secured by 10/31 will be dropped.
Not all teams will receive their first choice, but I try my best.
- National Team Registration, Youth Protection, Student Registration, Challenge Information: firstname.lastname@example.org or www.firstinspires.org
- Tournament Registration & Participation, Local Information, Facebook: Jacque Grimm, email@example.com
- Robot Game Questions: WA Regional Head Referee, Kevin Torrico, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer Coach Advisor, Heather Bioren: email@example.com
- FIRST Game Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Booster Accounts: email@example.com
- Invoices and Payments: FIRST Washington Accounting, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook Group for Coaches: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FIRST.Washington.FLL Please fill out the questions when you ask to join
- Youth Registration Overview: https://www.firstinspires.org/resource-library/youth-registration-system
* This email is being sent to registered and non registered teams. When team registration closes in late September, I will drop teams that have not registered from this email list