SUPERPOWERED Coach Email Volume 5: 9/19/22 Event Registration, Coaches Chat
If you are new to this email this is the place where you will find all of the Washington specific FIRST LEGO League information. Coaches and team administrators in the FIRST system for the SUPERPOWERED season will be added weekly. Every email from me will be numbered and that number lets you know which update it is, if you miss an update you can find it on our website.
I have 4 items for you today:
- Event Registration!
- FIRST Washington registration open
- First FLL Coaches Chat
- Event registration and invoices
Please read the entire email!
Event registration is now open! Here is the link to pick 3 event preferences- https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/7311fe4885dc4b5394ea8be1dd57594f
If you have multiple teams, you have to fill it out for each team. I will be deleting the ones that have more than one team listed on a single form.
If you have any questions, please reach out to me firstname.lastname@example.org
*I am out of town Wednesday 9/21-Wednesday 9/28 with limited access to email, but I will be checking it when I am able. Please be patient if I do not respond right away, I will answer your questions and help you as soon as I can.
FIRST Washington Registration Open- Only 54 teams of the almost 300 that have completed team registration have filled this out!
Our registration form (formerly the FIRST Washington Grant form) is open. Any team planning to compete with FIRST Washington is required to fill out our registration form. If you are interested in receiving a grant, you will need to complete the form prior to September 30. Here is the link to the registration form. https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/03a60a42b743445cbc5cef6c5a74a114
You will not receive an invoice to pay your FIRST Washington fees, or be placed in an event if you have not filled out this form. This is a mandatory registration for all teams.
First Coaches Chat tomorrow night at 7pm!
Our first coaches chat of the season will be on September 20th at 7pm!
I am going to try and have Kevin Torrico and Aaron Schmitz, our lead JA and HR attend the meeting as well. Fingers crossed!
Topic: FLL Coaches Chat (3rd Tuesday)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 867 7071 8969
Event Registration and Invoices
When event registration opens, you will receive a link to a survey. Please fill it out. You will pick preferences on days and events. Please do not choose the same days and locations for each.
Once you have filled out the event registration and the FIRST Washington registration, you will receive an invoice the week of October 17th from FIRST Washington for the $350 FIRST Washington fee. This is in addition to the team registration fee you paid to register your team with FIRST inspires.
When your team has secured (pay with check or credit card, send a PO), your team will be confirmed in your event choice on a first come first served basis, so pay early. Teams have until 10/31 to secure. Teams not secured by 10/31 will be dropped.
Not all teams will receive their first choice, but I try my best.
- National Team Registration, Youth Protection, Student Registration, Challenge Information: email@example.com or www.firstinspires.org
- Tournament Registration & Participation, Local Information, Facebook: Jacque Grimm, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robot Game Questions: WA Regional Head Referee, Kevin Torrico, email@example.com
- Volunteer Coach Advisor, Heather Bioren: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FIRST Game Questions: email@example.com
- Booster Accounts: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Invoices and Payments: FIRST Washington Accounting, email@example.com
- Facebook Group for Coaches: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FIRST.Washington.FLL Please fill out the questions when you ask to join
- Youth Registration Overview: https://www.firstinspires.org/resource-library/youth-registration-system
* This email is being sent to registered and non registered teams. When team registration closes in late September, I will drop teams that have not registered from this email list