ULTIMATE GOAL Coach Email Volume 16 3/1/21 – Reminder of coaches meeting tonight, please have 1 adult in attendance
Greetings Coaches & Mentors!
If you are new to this email this is the place where you will find all of the Washington specific FIRST Tech Challenge information. Coaches in the FIRST system for the ULTIMATE GOAL season will be added weekly. Every email from me will be numbered and that number lets you know which update it is, if you miss an update you can find it on our website.
Here are the updates I have for you today:
- Coaches meeting tonight at 7:00 pm
- Scrimmages have been scheduled for the next 3 weeks
Coaches meeting tonight at 7:00 pm – please have 1 adult attend
We will be talking a lot about the schedule over the next few months as well as the format of events which includes these items sent out in last weeks email:
- We will be having a Coaches meeting on Tuesday, March 9 at 7:00 pm where we will go over the event format and schedule in detail I strongly recommend you have an adult attend this meeting. Additionally, we will have a Robot Inspector and Referee on the call for a Q&A to help make sure coaches feel comfortable owning those two pieces for the season
- We will be holding an FTC Remote event 101 meeting on Thursday, March 11 at 7:00 pm. Kevin Ross and Kevin Emery will be talking to the students about what will happen at the various events, and what their responsibilities are. Please forward this email on to those students so they get the information. I do have an email list but students & parents had to sign up for it so most of our students are not on this list. Coaches are welcome to attend as well!
- We have entered some scrimmages into the scoring system and you are all assigned to them. The first scrimmage window starts next Sunday, March 7 and will remain open until March 13. Don’t know how to access it? No worries! We will go over that at the coaches meeting on March 9 and you will have 2 additional scrimmage weeks to get comfortable using the system.
- There will be a drive team meeting the Thursday before every event. We think it is important for the students to hear from us right before each event and for us to address any concerns the students may have. Kevin Emery will be running this meeting but Kevin Ross, Jim Wright (our designated LRI) and Truong Nguyen (our designated Referee) and myself will be on these meetings to answer any questions the students may have.
To keep things simple, the link will be the same for all of the FTC meetings listed above. Here is the log in info:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 838 4669 4396
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,83846694396#,,,,*128537# US (Tacoma)
+13462487799,,83846694396#,,,,*128537# US (Houston)
Dial by your location
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 838 4669 4396
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kdj51hKBaa
Scrimmages have been scheduled over the next 3 weeks
To help everyone get comfortable with the online scoring software and how to submit their scores, we have added 3 scrimmages to the schedule. It is not mandatory that you participate in any of the scrimmages but strongly recommended you participate in at least 1. The scrimmage windows go from Sunday – Saturday and we are in the first window this week. For those of you who need help, we will be going over how to access these on tonight’s call.
Take care and have a great week everyone!
FTC Program Delivery Partner
Director of Programs