ULTIMATE GOAL Coach Email Volume 16 3/1/21 – Teams have been placed in Leagues & Interleagues
Greetings Coaches & Mentors!
If you are new to this email this is the place where you will find all of the Washington specific FIRST Tech Challenge information. Coaches in the FIRST system for the ULTIMATE GOAL season will be added weekly. Every email from me will be numbered and that number lets you know which update it is, if you miss an update you can find it on our website.
Here are the updates I have for you today, this email will be long but please read the entire thing:
- Link to League & Interleague List
- Dean’s List nominations will be due March 15
- What happens now?
All teams registered with FIRST HQ on 2-26-21 have been placed into Leagues & Interleagues
League Information will be up posted on our website by the end of the day but you can view that info by clicking one of the links listed below:
As stated above, these are only teams who have registered with FIRST HQ. I will be watching the FIRST HQ registration closely, invoicing teams and adding them to the league list. If you don’t see your team show up on the list by the end of the day after you register with HQ, feel free to shoot me an email with your team # to check on your status.
Remember, since we are doing things remotely, I did not break the leagues up by geography, I randomly assigned teams to leagues so hopefully you will get to interact with some new teams this year (and since league events are all remote, it doesn’t even really matter if you have multiple teams and they are spread among different leagues, enjoy the opportunity to meet some new folks!)
Dean’s List submissions due by March 15
I know that Dean’s List submissions confuse coaches every year and it has been made worse this year by the fact that we shifted our season. Now that you have all been placed into Interleagues, you should be able to submit. Check the list above for your Interleague to know which event to submit for (it should say Curie, Feynman or Tesla)
Ok, what happens now?
You have all been so patient as we are working to navigate through these remote events. We don’t have ALL of the answers but we have lots more answers!
- We will be having a Coaches meeting on Tuesday, March 9 at 7:00 pm where we will go over the event format and schedule in detail I strongly recommend you have an adult attend this meeting. Additionally, we will have a Robot Inspector and Referee on the call for a Q&A to help make sure coaches feel comfortable owning those two pieces for the season
- We will be holding an FTC Remote event 101 meeting on Thursday, March 11 at 7:00 pm. Kevin Ross and Kevin Emery will be talking to the students about what will happen at the various events, and what their responsibilities are. Please forward this email on to those students so they get the information. I do have an email list but students & parents had to sign up for it so most of our students are not on this list. Coaches are welcome to attend as well!
- We have entered some scrimmages into the scoring system and you are all assigned to them. The first scrimmage window starts next Sunday, March 7 and will remain open until March 13. Don’t know how to access it? No worries! We will go over that at the coaches meeting on March 9 and you will have 2 additional scrimmage weeks to get comfortable using the system.
- There will be a drive team meeting the Thursday before every event. We think it is important for the students to hear from us right before each event and for us to address any concerns the students may have. Kevin Emery will be running this meeting but Kevin Ross, Jim Wright (our designated LRI) and Truong Nguyen (our designated Referee) and myself will be on these meetings to answer any questions the students may have.
To keep things simple, the link will be the same for all of the FTC meetings listed above. Here is the log in info:
General FIRST WA Zoom Account is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: FTC Coaches Chat
Time: This is a recurring meeting Meet anytime
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 838 4669 4396
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,83846694396#,,,,*128537# US (Tacoma)
+13462487799,,83846694396#,,,,*128537# US (Houston)
Dial by your location
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 838 4669 4396
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kdj51hKBaa
Take care and have a great week everyone!
FTC Program Delivery Partner
Director of Programs