What’s going on in Washington and the PNW and how you can help!
Dear Amazing FIRST Washington Volunteers!
As the famous Dr. Seuss quoted: “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.”
Thank you so much from all of us at FIRST Washington for caring a “whole awful lot” and for your continued interest and support of FIRST and our programs! We miss you all!!
We thought you’d like to know of some exciting changes and dates to put on hold:
- Please check out our website where you’ll find, updated program information, timelines and volunteer opportunities. We’ve also added a focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and training that will be coming soon.
- COVID has given us the opportunity to migrate our programs to a virtual experience. We will continue to need volunteers and judges so please check out our website for more information.
- We’ve moved out of the Kent “Fieldhouse” and are in the process of finding a new home. This gave us the chance to bring back tons of memories while doing a bit of house cleaning. Stay tuned for updates on our next “Fieldhouse”.
- Two new and awesome team members have been added: Lila Mowatt, Director of Development and Community Relations and Rob’n T. Vazquez, Director of Finance and Administration.
SAVE the DATE-More to follow:
- Volunteer Connecting Happy Hour – March 23rd 4:00 to 5:30 PST
- Virtual FIRST Washington Celebration Luncheon – May 13th 11:00 to 1:00 PST.
We need your help!
Our remote events for all 4 of our programs (FRC, FTC, FLL Challenge & FLL Explore) will be in full swing now through mid May, and even though we can’t meet in person, we still need your help to make these events happen!
How can you help? By becoming a judge at one of our events. The best part is, since it is remote, you don’t even have to worry about WHERE the event is! Most of the judging will take place on Saturday’s but we may have some events that do some judging Friday evening. If you are interested in judging, go to firstinspires.org and log into your account (or create an account if you are new to all of this!) click on the volunteer tab and do a search for events in Washington. This will give you a list of all events happening locally. If you have any questions or need help registering, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are so much looking forward to being in person again, but until then we hope you will continue to give of your valuable time and talent and volunteer for opportunities listed on our web site and join us in March and April for some fun (Via Zoom, “Yes Zoom”) get togethers.
Erica and the FIRST WA Team